- Corrupted application files and broken Windows update can trigger the 42127 cab archive is corrupted error.
- This article explores a few troubleshooting steps to fix the error and help you install the app successfully.
- Don't hesitate to bookmark our extensive Antivirus section for quick access to more useful information.
- For more fix articles, do check out our dedicated Troubleshooting page
When installing a new app or working on your computer, randomly, you may come across the 42127 cab archive is corrupted error. This error occurs when the system fails to access files of the application you are trying to run.
Now the aforementioned error can occur due to two reasons. The first one being your Antivirus suspecting the files to be malicious and blocking it to protect your system.
In other instances, it can be a virus that has corrupted the cab archive required by the application.
If you are also experiencing this error, here are a couple of troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the 42127 cab archive is corrupted error in Windows.
How can I fix error 42127?
1. Check for broken Windows update
If you notice the error when scanning with your Antivirus, the error can be triggered due to a broken Windows update. You may not have to take any action provided that you can verify that the CAB file is valid.
To check the digital signature of the CAB file, right-click on the file and select Properties. If you are sure that the file is legit, no further action is required.
However, if the file is suspicious, delete the file to be on the safer side. Manually navigate to the specified directory and delete the file to fix the error. Make sure to run your Antivirus again to see if the error is resolved.
2. Check for malware issues with Malwarebytes
At times an error can occur when trying to install an application on your computer. Apart from failing to install, you may also notice some of the system functionalities like the Internet not working.
In this case, you may have system file corruption or malware that is changing the cab files blocking the use.
Malwarebytes offers you peace of mind by scanning and repairing all the corrupted files on your system.
To identify the problem, scan your computer using any recommended antivirus. For complete system security and protection, we recommend Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is one of the best antivirus software to find and remove malware and adware from your computer.
Download and install Malwarebytes. Once installed, perform a complete scan and then remove the threats by reviewing the scan report
An excellent antivirus tool that will keep your PC safe from all forms of malware, all while also keeping your system running fast.
3. Restore PC with Restore Point
- Press the Windows key, type Restore, click on Create a Restore Point.
- Click the System Restore button in the System Properties window.
- Click Next.
- Select the most recent restore point and click Next.
- Read the description and click Finish.
- System Restore needs to restart your computer to apply changes. Make sure you have saved all the open files and close programs.
After the PC is successfully restored to the earlier point, check if the error is resolved. The System Restore point does not delete files stored on your computer. However, it may uninstall or reinstall some apps depending on when the Restore Point was created.
4. Clean install Windows
Roll back to the previous version of Windows
- Press the Windows key + I.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Open the Recovery tab from the left pane.
- Click the Get Started button under the Go back to the previous version of Windows 10 section.
- If the button is greyed out, it means the option is no longer available.
If you are unable to fix the error, you may have to clean install Windows 10. You can get a clean install of Windows 10 with the Refresh Tool as well.
The 42127 cab archive is corrupted error is triggered due to missing or corrupted cab archives of the app you are trying to install. You can fix the error by deleting the archives. Scan the system with your antivirus software to look for any malware infection.