Error while preparing to send sharing message in MS Office [Fix]
Most Microsoft users are experiencing the Error while preparing to send sharing message in MS Office when they try to share Calendar. This error is common with Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2016. Today we’ll try to fix this error once and for all.
Causes of the Error while preparing to send sharing message
- Office file corruption – Some Office files create a link between Outlook and your Calendar app. These flies can get corrupted leading to this error message.
- Add-ins meddling with the sharing option – Installing an outdated or an experimental add-in for Outlook can lead to this issue.
- When permission of the Calendar folder is destroyed – this factor is common on Windows 10. This occurs when an entry known as PR_MEMBER_NAME is displayed as duplicated.
How can I fix Error while preparing to send sharing message?
- Remove interfering add-ins
- Uninstall and reinstall the Office suite
- Use the Calendar permission button
- Erase all Outlook login details through Windows Credentials Manager
1. Remove interfering add-ins
Many individuals facing this error issue have been able to resolve it just by removing intrusive add-ins that have been installed recently. To detect and verify if the recently installed add-in is the cause of the Error while preparing to send sharing message in MS Office, follow these simple steps:
- Press Windows key + R. Type outlook.exe/safe, press Enter so as to launch Microsoft Outlook in Safe Mode. At this point, the program will start running with only the necessary modules. Add-ins and other components will not be allowed to start.
- Wait for the Outlook to launch in Safe Mode. Now try to send a calendar invite from the program. If it is successful, then it indicates that one of your add-ins is causing the error message.
- Close Outlook and start it normally this time.
- In Microsoft Outlook, select Options.
- In the Options menu, select the Add-in in the right window. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and from the drop-down select the COM Add-ins and press Go button.
- Begin by removing checkmarks for all add-ins. Then add them back one after the other while trying to send the Calendar invites till you are able to detect the add-in that is the cause of the error message.
- After detecting the add-in, select it and remove it from the COM Add-ins window.
- Now, restart Outlook and check if the issue is still there. However, if this does not work for you, move on to the next solution.
2. Uninstall and reinstall the Office suite
One way to fix Error while preparing to send sharing message in MS Office is to completely reinstall Office. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open the Run window, type appwiz.cpl and press OK for Program and Features to open up.
- In the locate Microsoft Office on the list.
- Right-click on the Microsoft Office and click on Uninstall. Then, follow the prompts to uninstall the application from your computer.
- Once the application is removed, install it again and check if the issue is still there.
Alternatively, you can use uninstaller software such as Revo Uninstaller to completely remove Microsoft Office from your PC. Once the Office is removed, install it again and check if the issue is still there.
- Get Revo Uninstaller Pro version
3. Use the Calendar permission button
This particular solution is just a workaround and not a permanent fix to the Error while preparing to send sharing message in MS Office. This method will allow you to use Calendar Permission to allow access directly. The Calendar Permission key is located at the same place where you have the Share Calendar button.
- All you need to do is to click on the Calendar Permission and make use of the option to allow access to other users.
- After that, you can click on Add on the menu and allow Calendar Permission to other users. They would be able to get an invitation through email.
4. Erase all Outlook login details through Windows Credentials Manager
Full functionality of the Share Calendar key can be restored when you delete all saved login details for Exchange and Outlook.
- Press Windows Key + R, a dialogue box will pop up. Now, paste or type control/name Microsoft.CredentialManager. This command will open up the Credential Manager.
- In the Manage your credentials, select Windows Credentials.
- Browse through to Generic Credentials and erase every record that mentions Outlook, Exchange or Office.
- Once every entry has been deleted, exit the Credential Manager and reboot your system.
- Now launch Outlook and you should be able to log in without any difficulty or error message displayed.
There you go, these are some of the solutions that might help you fix Error while preparing to send sharing message in MS Office, so be sure to try them all.
- How to fix Outlook error 0x80042109 on Windows 10
- An unknown error occurred on Outlook: Here’s how to fix it
- Fix: Outlook contacts missing after Windows 10 upgrade
Microsoft Outlook 2016 does not support manual setup for an Exchange account directly from the add accounts interface. The add account now has only two […]
To prevent fraud and protect children from the online threat Xbox allows the parents to create Child account with restrictions. However, the parents can share […]
Recently, it has been revealed that Microsoft contractors are listening to users through Cortana and Skype Translator. This piece of information created a lot of […]