- Europa Universalis IV is a historical grand strategy game, where your goal is to take over the world by building a dominant empire. You can play it on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- If you're experiencing EU4 lag in multiplayer mode, whether you're hosting the game server or connecting to a remote host, use a fast VPN app to improve your ping and gameplay.
- Each of the recommended VPN tools has unique and practical features, so you should consider them to enhance your digital security.
- Hence, you deserve better gaming performance on EU4 gameplay and you can acquire this with powerful and fast VPN servers on your PC.
Europa Universalis IV (EU4) is a grand strategy game part of the Europa Universalis series, where you can evolve a nation from the Late Middle Ages through the Early modern period.
It has diplomacy, military, colonization, administration, and trade features. You can play it on Windows, OS X, and Linux. It’s available on Steam.
The game has a multiplayer mode, where you can join online sessions or host game servers for others to join. However, a lot of players experience EU4 lag, which can become really annoying. If you’re looking for a quick EU4 lag fix, you can use a VPN to improve your ping and gameplay.
Although the main purpose of a virtual private network solution is to conceal your IP address and encrypt your Internet traffic, it can also be used to achieve better connection speeds during gameplay and to circumvent geoblocks.
Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
Secure multiple devices and enjoy stable connections anywhere.
Price convenient VPN service with all-rounded security features.
Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
Browse the web from multiple devices with industry-standard security protocols.
What are the best VPNs to fix EU4 lag?
If EU4 late-game lag is your biggest issue during gameplay, you can count on Private Internet Access (PIA). It’s one of the best VPN apps for your computer that can fix packet loss and speed up your Internet connection.
What you should know about PIA:
- +3,300 VPN servers in 47 countries
- Static and dynamic IP addresses
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux
- Ideal when EU4 is lagging late in the game
- Allows 10 connections at once
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet Access
If you have EU4 lag late in the game, use PIA to fix high ping.
Choosing NordVPN to enhance your digital security and privacy is exactly what you need, plus improving gaming results as well.
With the fastest servers on the market, this VPN tool can definitely protect your digital presence or secure the internet connection with unbreakable encryption.
You can pick from thousands of servers across 60 regions and connect right away to resolve privacy issues. Plus, you can fix the lag in EU4 gameplay by connecting to faster servers.
In addition, you have unlimited content from restricted areas to access streaming shows or have game updates unavailable in certain areas.
What you should know about NordVPN:
- 5400+ server locations
- AES 256-bit encryption
- Automatic kill switch option
- Reliable and fast P2P
- Threat Protection against malware
- Worldwide access from 60 countries
Take advantage of this leading VPN software and reduce high ping on the EU4 strategy game.
When every click causes lag in EU4, you can use the high-speed VPN servers provided by CyberGhost VPN. It’s a virtual private network solution that can minimize jitter and enhance your gaming experience by lowering your ping time.
Owned by Kape Technologies, CyberGhost VPN has an extensive network of servers optimized for gaming. It also comes with exclusive DNS servers and split-tunneling mode to create whitelists and blacklists, so that you can optimize your Internet traffic for gameplay.
What you should know about CyberGhost VPN:
- +6,400 VPN servers in 89 countries
- DNS leak protection
- Works with Linux, Mac, Windows
- Fixes EU4 when you’re lagging behind
- Permits 7 simultaneous connections
- 45-day money-back guarantee (1-day free trial)
If you’re wondering how to fix EU4 lag late in the game, use this VPN solution to decrease your ping.
In conclusion, if you’re experiencing EU4 lag, you don’t have to join another group of players or exit multiplayer mode and try again later. The quickest way to reduce your ping in the game is by connecting to a VPN server that’s in the same region as the remote host.
You just need the right VPN app for the job. And, if you can’t decide between the three options for Europa Universalis IV, we suggest picking Private Internet Access, thanks to its superior speed and excellent security features.
Your connection is not secure - websites you visit can find out your details:
- Your IP Address:
Companies can sell this information, alongside your location and internet provider name, and profit from it by serving targeted ads or monitoring your data usage.
We recommend Private Internet Access, a VPN with a no-log policy, open source code, ad blocking and much more; now 79% off.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can make EU4 run faster by configuring Steam settings, using a VPN to reduce high ping, updating your device drivers, and using game optimization software.
EU4 might be running slow due to hardware or software issues. Check out our tips to see how to fix slow game loading.
To play EU4 on a low-end PC, get started by minimizing all graphic settings and choosing a smaller resolution. Use FPS counter software to keep track of your frame rate and make sure it stays above 60.