Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- As popular as it may be, Google Chrome is not flawless. The download failed network error is just one of many.
- To fix the Chrome download failed network error, take a closer look at your security settings and be on the lookout for malware.
- The failed download error can just as easily be triggered by problematic extensions, so make sure to eliminate them.
Google Chrome is one of the most popular browsers out there. It’s used daily by millions of people, and it’s constantly being developed and improved.
Despite all that, Chrome doesn’t come without errors. One of the most common issues reported by users is the download failed network error.
This isn’t the only error, and many reported Download failed system busy Chrome error, but we covered that issue in a separate guide.
Today we will focus on how to get rid of the Chrome flash download failed error one and for all.
Why are my downloads not working on Chrome?
In most cases, this error is caused by malware, so you should try using a dedicated tool to scan your device. You can also try resetting Chrome since in some cases your settings can cause this issue.
If this doesn’t fix your problem, change the antivirus settings, or modify the Windows Attachment Manager restrictions.
So keep on reading to find out how to fix Failed network error download in your browser.
We recommend trying to download the files in Opera One, a lightweight, fast, and highly customizable browser. The Synchronization option allows you to import bookmarks, pages, and other data from your default browser.
Further on, you can continue to customize the browser to your needs, by adding icons, sidebars, workspaces, and other extensions.
Opera OneTry Opera One and convince yourself of its speedy processes that allow you to download any file within seconds.
How do I fix the Chrome download failed?
1. Check your security settings
- Open the antivirus.
- Go to Settings.
- Find Advanced setup, Additional, or Components. (Note: These can differ according to your antivirus software.)
- You will see HTTPS scanning or Encrypted connection scanning. Uncheck it.
- Now try downloading the file.
Security settings can often cause Couldn’t download network issue, but after adjusting them, the issue should be gone.
If this doesn’t solve the problem, perform a Cleanup to remove harmful software:
- Open Chrome.
- Click the menu button and then go to Settings.
- Select Reset and clean up from the left side.
- Now select Clean up computer.
- After that, click on Find and wait for the scan to finish.
Change settings for Windows Attachment Manager
- Press Windows key + R and type inetcpl.cpl. Next, hit Enter.
- Choose the Security tab. In the Select a zone to view or change security settings click on Internet and then Custom level.
- Scroll down to Downloads. Locate Miscellaneous and set Launching applications and unsafe files and check Enable.
- Hit OK and try to download your file.
Windows Attachment Manager comes with Windows 10 and acts as a guard dog, protecting your PC from malware or unwanted software.
If Windows Attachment Manager decides that the file you are trying to download is not secure, it will automatically block the action, and you might get Failed network error when downloading large files.
Don’t forget to revert back to your initial settings after you download the file. Allowing unsafe apps and files on your PC can be harmful.
2. Other general fixes
- Use Incognito mode in Google Chrome.
- Reset Chrome settings.
- Remove Chrome extensions.
- Install the latest Network Drivers.
- Check for Chrome updates.
- Reinstall Google Chrome.
These are useful solutions, and they can help you with Selenium Chrome failed download error, so be sure to try them all.
We hope that one of these solutions helped you get past the Chrome download failed Network error and that you successfully retrieved the files you needed.
In case the problem is still there, visit our This file is dangerous so Chrome has blocked it guide for more great solutions.
If you have any questions or happen to know of other solutions to fix this problem, don’t hesitate to reach for the comments section below.