How to Fix Fake Virus Alert Popup in Microsoft Edge
With Windows 10 came a new web browser called Edge and many people have switched to Edge do to its speed. Although Edge is a major improvement over the Internet Explorer some users are getting fake virus alert popups in Microsoft Edge.
How to fix Fake Virus Alert Problem in Microsoft Edge
Users report that they are unable to access Edge browser’s settings because they are getting a popup alert that blocks access to the settings menu. This is a big problem because it prevents you to do anything in Microsoft Edge, but there are few ways to fix this.
Solution 1 – Access Microsoft Edge settings using the Search bar
First thing we’re going to try is to access Microsoft Edge settings with the Search bar. To do so, just follow these instructions:
- Go to the Search bar and type Edge settings into it.
- Click the results and you should get Edge opened in new window.
- Now click the three dots in the top right corner.
- In the dropdown menu choose Settings.
- Here set up the new start page and when you’re done with that click on Choose what to clear button in Clear browsing data section.
- Now you can choose what to clear. The best practice is to select Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data, Cached data and files and Download history.
- After you’ve done with that click Clear.
- Your issues should now be resolved. All that you have to do now is to restart Edge for changes to take effect.
Solution 2 – Disable your internet connection and change the default start page
But, if the previous solution didn’t work, you can try with changing the default start page. Here’s exactly what you to do need to change default start page in Microsoft Edge:
- Disable your internet connection. The simplest way to do this is to unplug the cable from your computer.
- After your internet connection has been turned off start Edge browser.
- Now you’ll be able to access Settings and change the default start page or clear browsing data like in the previous solution.
That would be all, I hope these solutions helped you to solve the problem with fake virus alert in Microsoft Edge. If you have any comments, or questions, just reach for the comment section below.
Using a reliable password is paramount if you want to keep your data safe. There have been numerous data leak and data breach reports in […]