- Certain hardware and software issues can cause Blue Screen of Death errors to appear, and in order to prevent these types of errors from appearing, we strongly advise you to download the latest Windows 10 updates.
- Users reported that the wireless adapter driver was causing this issue, and after reinstalling the problematic driver, the BSoD error was fixed. To reinstall a driver, follow our guide below.
- Go to our BSoD troubleshooting section and read our expert articles if you want to get rid of other BSoD errors.
- There's no problem if you run into Windows 10 errors. We got a Windows 10 errors Hub filled with guides and solutions at your discretion.
These errors will restart your PC and disrupt your work, therefore today we’re going to show you how to fix FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE error.
Here are some more examples and error codes:
- FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE Dell – Users of Dell laptops usually have problems with the FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE error.
- FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE HP – Another manufacturer that faces problems with this error is HP.
- FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE Desktop – However, it’s also common for Desktop PC users to encounter this issue.
- MSDN bugcheck FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE
- FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE PUBG – PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is a PC game that could cause this error.
How can I fix Blue Screen of Death error: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE?
Table of contents:
- Update Windows 10 and download the latest drivers
- Reinstall the problematic driver
- Remove problematic applications
- Downgrade your BIOS
- Reset Windows 10
- Check your hardware
- [Video tutorial] Fix: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE error
Fix: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE error
Solution 1 – Update Windows 10 and download the latest drivers
Certain hardware and software issues can cause Blue Screen of Death errors to appear, and in order to prevent these types of errors from appearing, we strongly advise you to download the latest Windows 10 updates.
Downloading updates is fairly simple, and you can do that by using Windows Update.
Many of these updates offer new features, security improvements as well as bug fixes related to both hardware and software, therefore if you want to prevent BSoD errors from appearing, we strongly suggest that download the latest Windows 10 updates.
Although Windows 10 updates are important for system’s safety, drivers are just as important.
Your PC is dependent on drivers in order to work with your hardware, and if you don’t have the proper drivers installed, you might experience a Blue Screen of Death error such as FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE.
To fix this and many other BSoD errors, it’s strongly recommended that you install the latest drivers.
Usually, only one driver is causing this issue, but if you cannot find the problematic driver, we strongly suggest that you update all drivers on your PC.
If you want to update all drivers on your Windows 10 PC, but you don’t want to download each driver manually, you might want to try this Driver Update software that automatically downloads the necessary drivers for you.
Solution 2 – Reinstall the problematic driver
Sometimes certain drivers can cause this error to appear, and in order to fix it, you’ll have to find and reinstall the problematic driver.
Users reported that wireless adapter driver was causing this issue, and after reinstalling the problematic driver, the BSoD error was fixed. To reinstall a driver, first, you need to uninstall it by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard to open Power User Menu. Select Device Manager from the list.
- When Device Manager opens, locate the driver you want to remove, right click it and choose Uninstall.
- If available, check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.
After you remove a driver, you need to restart your PC. When your PC restarts, the removed driver will be replaced with a default driver.
If the default driver works well, and your PC is free from BSoD errors, you can continue using that driver, or you can try to update it.
Solution 3 – Remove problematic applications
Third-party applications can often cause Blue Screen of Death errors to appear, therefore it’s important that you find and remove the problematic software.
If you installed or recently updated any software, we strongly advise that you remove it and check if that fixes the error.
Almost any software can cause this error to appear, therefore it can sometimes be hard to find the problematic application.
Usually, these types of errors are caused by your antivirus software or firewall, so be sure to remove all third-party antivirus programs from your PC.
Uninstalling your antivirus might not fix this problem, because antivirus programs tend to leave certain files and registry entries behind once you remove them, so we strongly suggest that you use dedicated removal software to remove your antivirus.
Many antivirus companies host dedicated removal tools on their website, so be sure to download one of these tools for your antivirus.
Solution 4 – Downgrade your BIOS
Few users reported that FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE BSoD error can be fixed by downgrading your BIOS.
According to users, certain versions of BIOS can cause this problem on Asus motherboards, therefore you might want to downgrade your BIOS.
Downgrading BIOS can sometimes be risky, therefore use extra caution and be sure to check your motherboard manual for detailed instructions.
Solution 5 – Reset Windows 10
If you cannot find the application that is causing this error, you might want to perform a Windows 10 reset. Bear in mind that this process will delete all files from your C drive, so be sure to create a backup.
- Restart your computer a few times during the boot to start the Automatic Repair.
- Choose Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything. You might be asked to insert Windows 10 installation media in order to proceed to the next step, so be ready to do that.
- Select Only the drive where Windows is installed > Just remove my files and click the Reset button.
- Follow the instructions in order to complete the Windows 10 reset.
Solution 6 – Check your hardware
Sometimes these errors can be caused by your hardware, therefore we strongly suggest to remove any recently added hardware since it might not be compatible with your PC.
If you didn’t install any new hardware, we suggest that you check if your hardware is working properly.
FAQ: Read more about the FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE error
- What causes faulty hardware corrupted?
This BSoD error can be caused by problems while installing a Windows update, outdated, corrupted, or incorrectly configured device drivers, damaged or corrupted hard disk, malware, and viruses, and many more.
- How do I fix corrupted Windows?
The first thing to do is to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan. If you are not familiar with that, read our guide on how to perform a SFC scan.
- How do I fix a bad driver?
You can either update your driver from Device Manager or check the official web page of the manufacturer for the newest driver.Also, here’s a guide on how to update drivers.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in May 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.