Microsoft just released the second major round of updates for the year 2020, and they bring improvement and fixes for several features, including:
99 different CVEs were fixed by this latest update
The Adobe release for February includes five bulletins addressing a total of 42 CVEs in Framemaker, Experience Manager, Adobe Digital Editions, Flash, and Acrobat and Reader. It is worth mentioning that Framemaker alone needed fixes for 21 Critical-rated bugs.
Acrobat and Reader was second place with 17 CVEs associated with it, most of which were Use-After-Free (UAF) bugs. Third place was Adobe Digital Editions with 2 CVEs, and Flash Player with only one CVE.
The February security release consists of security updates that fixed 99 different CVEs for the following software:
- Microsoft Windows
- Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
- Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based)
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based)
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Windows Surface Hub
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
12 of these CVEs were listed as Critical, and the other 87 were classified as Important in severity.
Which were some of the most severe CVEs?
Some of the most important CVEs, out of which some were also exploited to a certain degree, are the following:
- Scripting Engine Memory Corruption Vulnerability
- Microsoft Exchange Memory Corruption Vulnerability
- LNK Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Microsoft Secure Boot Security Feature Bypass Vulnerability
- Windows Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
These are the most important CVEs covered by Microsoft during the February 2020 round of Patch Tuesday Updates. For the next set of updates, users will have to wait until March 10.
How do I get the latest updates?
The updates are available via all known sources, which include:
- Windows Update
- Microsoft Update
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Direct downloads on the Microsoft Update Catalog website
If you have any other questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to reach for the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: If you want to know everything there is to know on Patch Tuesday, check out this in-depth guide.