Fix: FIFA 17 won’t start
We’re in the middle of the season, and the majority of players have already created their Ultimate Team squads. However, even though FIFA 17 is now a few months old, some players seem to still have issues related to the game.
One of the most common issues in not just FIFA 17, but also in just about any game of the franchise, is the problem with starting the game. This is probably the most serious problem in FIFA you can possibly face, because you can’t even get yourself exposed to other problems if you’re not able to launch the game.
In that manner, we’ve wandered around the web for answers, and found a couple of solutions that might solve the problem. So, if you too can’t launch FIFA 17, keep reading this article.
What to do if FIFA 17 is unable to launch
Run the game as Administrator
Many members of the EA/FIFA community suggest that running the game as administrator fixes the launching issue. So, that’s exactly the first thing you should try. And if you’re not sure how, follow these instructions:
- Right click on the FIFA 17 desktop shortcut.
- Select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab, and check the box at the bottom under Privilege Level where it says Run this Program as an administrator.
- Click OK.
After setting the game to run in this compatibility mode, try to launch it again. If the problem still persists, move on to another solution.
Update your drivers
As FIFA 17 is a relatively new game, it requires the latest drivers for your hardware to be installed on your computer. So, if you haven’t updated your graphics card driver in a while, now’s the time to check. If you’re not sure how to update you graphics card drivers, follow these instructions:
- Go to Search, type devicemng, and open Device Manager
- Find your graphics card drive in the list of installed hardware
- Right-click the driver, and select Update driver software…
- If the update is available, it will automatically update the driver, so just follow along
There may be some other hardware in your computer that needs to be updated. In that case, check out our article about updating drivers in Windows 10, for additional info.
Make sure you meet minimum system requirements
This probably sounds silly, but a lot of people usually don’t pay attention to their computer’s configuration, and whether it’s compatible with a certain game. That’s the case with FIFA as well, as some players found out that their computers don’t support the game.
Minimum system requirements for FIFA 17 are:
- OS: Windows 7 (SP1) /8.1/10 – 64-Bit
- CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 @ 3.1GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.4 GHz
- RAM: 8GB
- Hard Drive Space Required: 50.0 GB
- Minimum Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GTX 460 or AMD Radeon R7 260
- DirectX: 11.0
So, if you’ve found out that the game requires more than your computer is able to provide, maybe it’s time for the upgrade.
Install service pack for Windows 7
Speaking of compatibility, as you can see from the list of system requirements from above, FIFA 17 is not compatible with the original version of Windows 7, as you need to have the Service Pack 1 installed on your computer. That’s exactly the main source of launch issues for players who still use Windows 7.
So, if you run the original version of Windows 7, and fail to run FIFA 17, make sure to update to the Service Pack 1! You can find the download link, along with additional instructions and info at Microsoft’s website.
That’s all, as you can see, the main reason for FIFA 17 to fail to launch are mainly compatibility issues with your system. So, after performing some of these solutions, we’re sure you’ll be able to run the game again (or for the first time).
If you have any additional questions, suggestions, or maybe know about some other solution we didn’t list in this article, please let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- 5 American trucking simulator games for Windows 10 users
- Resident Evil 7 Biohazard PC specs: make sure your computer meets them
- Ashbourne game issues: Too many bugs break a promising game
- Dota 2 FPS issues: Here’s how to fix them
- How to fix high latency and frequent disconnects in World of Warcraft
It isn’t every day that you come across a corrupted memory dump file But when you do, you will rue your luck you did. That […]
In the last five years or so, the amount of video content uploaded to various social media networks has increased drastically. Everybody can launch their […]
There is often this rather frustrating error you might be faced with when trying to log in to a Virtual Private Network – that of […]