- The asmtxhci.sys BSoD error means that you're either missing certain updates or your hardware isn't functioning properly.
- You can try updating your PC with a professional tool that will download all the missing patches in no time.
- You can also choose to troubleshoot the issue manually from the Device Manager menu.
- Rolling back drivers is another efficient way that should help you solve the asmtxhci.sys BSoD issue on your Windows 10 PC.
System errors are one of the worst problems that PC users may experience. They are often followed by the infamous BSOD with very little information on what triggered the issues in the first place.
So, you need to find the right fix, based on an error message or code. The same is valid for the asmtxhci.sys BSOD, a common problem that can be addressed with the help of the following troubleshooting solutions.
The BSOD that says SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (asmtxhci.sys) is caused by the drivers which are associated with the ASMedia controller.
These are drivers for USB 3.x ports, usually used on Asus computers or on any other devices using Asus motherboards.
So, we are discussing a driver problem that can happen after a system update or after you install a certain app or program on your computer. Anyway, here is how you can fix this annoying BSOD.
How do I fix the asmtxhci.sys BSOD in Windows 10?
1. Update drivers
1.1. Update drivers manually
- Press the Win+X keyboard hotkeys and click on Device Manager.
- From Device Manager find the ASMedia XHCI controller entry.
- Right-click on this field and choose Update.
- If an update for this driver is available, follow on-screen prompts and install it.
- When done, restart your Windows 10 system.
If you recently performed a Windows update, the asmtxhci.sys blue screen problem might be caused by an outdated driver.
So in order to update the ASMedia controller drivers on your computer follow the instructions above, starting off by accessing Device Manager.
We also recommend you take a look at other main factors that generate the Blue Screen of Death so you know what solution to apply each time you confront this annoying issue.
1.2. Rely on an advanced tool
When you need to update your device we also advise you to use a professional tool that can scan your drivers and download the latest patches.
With this software you can be sure that your PC won’t be missing any crucial updates and this way you’ll be able to prevent the asmtxhci.sys failed issue.
Drivers are essential for your PC and all the programs that you use daily. If you want to avoid crashes, freezes, bugs, lag or any other problems, you will need to keep them updated.Constantly checking for driver updates is time consuming. Fortunately, you can use an automated solution that will safely check for new updates and apply them with ease, and that’s why we strongly recommend DriverFix.Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Roll back drivers
- Bring up Device Manager once more, as already explained above.
- Right-click on the ASMedia XHCI controller and select Properties.
- Note down the driver-built number.
- Next, go online and access your manufacturer’s official webpage.
- From there download the stable driver for your machine.
- Return to Device Manager and uninstall the existing drivers.
- Restart your computer and afterwards run the driver file that was downloaded before.
- Follow on-screen prompts and install the new driver patch.
If you cannot update the existing drivers (there isn’t any update available) but you know that everything used to work without problems before you applied the system update patch, a rollback must be performed.
Many users confirmed that rolling back drivers helped them solve the asmtxhci.sys BSoD problem on Windows 10.
You can also resort to using some professional tools for fixing the Blue Screen of Death error like the ones you’ll find in this excellent article on the best BSOD repair software.
There you have it; those are the troubleshooting solutions that can be used for fixing the asmtxhci.sys BSOD on Windows 10.
We’d like to hear more from you on this subject so you can drop us a comment in the dedicated section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
An efficient method to do this is to update your drivers, preferably with a specialized tool. Take a look at other great alternatives for fixing the asmtxhci.sys BSOD error on Windows 10.
You can check this element by using the Event Viewer. Check out the entire process in this guide that focuses on where the BSOD log file is located.
A common cause for the Blue Screen of Death is the scannable QR codes. Find out more about this subject in this article on how to use QR codes shown by Windows 10’s BSoDs.