Here’s how to fix error 79 on HP printers
Getting error 79 on your HP printer? We’ve got solutions!
One of the most frustrating moments when using a printer is when you get an error, more so when you don’t know what to do next.
Before you can fix the error 79 on your printer, it’s good to know the causes so that next time it shows up, you’re ready for it, because you know exactly where it’s coming from.
Error 79 is displayed on your HP printer’s control panel in two ways:
- Error 79 turn off then on
- Error 79 service error turn off then on – meaning an incompatible DIMM was probably installed.
Fix error 79 on printers with these solutions
1. Error 79 turn off then on
If your HP printer displays this type of error 79, chances are it has experienced internal firmware error.
Here are the steps to fix this:
- Turn the printer’s power off
- Wait for at least 30 seconds or so
- Turn on the power again
- Wait for the printer to initialize
Note: If you are using a power surge protector, first remove it, then plug back the printer directly to the wall socket, before turning on the power again.
If the Error 79 message persists on your printer’s display, do the following:
- Disconnect any network or USB cables, as well as power cycle. If the printer goes back to Ready status, check its firmware version, then update the firmware in case a newer version is available.
In order to find your printer’s firmware version, print a Configuration Report from the printer’s control panel, or you can also visit the HP Support page to check for the latest firmware version available.
In case the error 79 issue recurs on your printer, try and isolate it to something that could be in your own environment. Delete any print jobs from your computer, or any other computers connected to the printer, then perform a test print job.
2. Reinstall DIMM
If you just installed a memory DIMM in your HP printer, here’s what you need to do to resolve the error 79 issue:
- The first thing you need to do is turn off the printer
- Next, remove the DIMM
- Reinstall the DIMM to confirm that it sits properly in the printer
- Turn on the HP printer
If the error 79 issue persists, do the following:
- Remove any installed DIMMS
- Perform a retest on your HP printer
- If the print work is fine, install a DIMM that is supported by your printer
3. Contact HP Support
In case the error 79 message persists, kindly get in touch with HP’s Customer Support team with specifics on your issue and they’ll be glad to assist you.
We sure hope one of these solutions helped you. Let us know your experience in the comments section.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Printer queue won’t clear in Windows 10
- “Printer not responding” in Windows 10 [fix]
- Fix: Can’t remove printer on Windows 10
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]