Easy Fixes to Fallout 4 Face Bugs & Glitches [Brown, Black, Dark]
Get your Fallout 4 black face fix right here & enjoy seamless FO4 gameplay once again
- Fallout 4 is one of the most popular role-playing games, developed and published by Bethesda Game Studios.
- However, users complain about irritating changes in the character's faces, causing them to suddenly turn black or brown.
- Looking for the perfect Fallout 4 blackface fix? We got one (or should we say 2?) for you, right here.
- Explore these awesome Fallout 4 dark face fix mod options and start enjoying the game again!
Fallout 4 is one of the most popular video games available, with an interesting storyline and graphics.
Still, fans all around the world have been complaining about several Fallout 4 face color bugs and glitches for several years now, and the developers couldn’t come up with a stable fix.
In comes the big question: how do I fix the glitch in Fallout 4? Since it’s quite a common issue, unfortunately, everyone knows exactly what you’re talking about.
And speaking of issues, let’s take a look at the most common ones:
- Fallout 4 face color bug (dark face, black face, brown face, rusty face, etc.)
- Fallout 4 face texture glitch
- Can’t change skin color in Fallout 4
- Fallout 4 eyes closed bug
- Fallout 4 everyone is glowing red
One of the most common and annoying bugs has to do with the characters’ faces, which appear to be brown, black, rusty, or just dark. Sometimes, the issues encountered with the characters don’t even let the user play the game.
The faces keep changing out of the blue, after playing for a while or even before starting the game. The platform is also not much of a criterion since you can stumble across the Fallout 4 black face color bug on Xbox, Ps4, or PC alike.
Although the face bugs have no impact on the performance, plenty of players are threatening with giving up on the game.
How do you fix brown/black face bugs in Fallout 4?
1. Try the Fallout 4 blackface fix from Nexus
- Download the brown face workaround mod from the Nexus Mods website on your PC.
- Now, copy and paste the extracted files into the Data folder of Fallout Game. The most common location is:
- Alternatively, you can use your desired Mod manager to enable the Mod.
- Launch the game and the bug should be fixed.
The same method can be applied for the rusty face bug, but the file is different.
2. Try a third-party mod: High Res DLC Black Face Fix
- First, open the Fallout 4 Game folder on your PC.
- Find and open the Fallout 4.ini file with Notepad.
- Now edit the following lines in the .ini file through Notepad on your PC:
- Save changes and exit.
- Then download the Black Face Fix Mod.
- Run the Nexus Mod Manager and activate the mod by selecting its file.
Now, the Fallout 4 dark face fix mod is nothing but a workaround, as it downscales the textures of the faces. What’s more, it seems that the glitch appeared after the launch of the High-Resolution DLC.
If the bug is not fixed, the issue might lie somewhere else.
In both cases, look for the latest files and it is helpful to also skim through the posts added by various FO4 fans that have tried these solutions.
Hopefully, we’ve helped to improve your gaming experience. For sure, any suggestion on this topic is helpful for the gamers community.