- Fallout 4 is one of the most popular role-playing games, developed and published by Bethesda Game Studios.
- In this article, we are going to offer some fixes for the irritating changes in the character's faces, which cause them to suddenly turn black or brown.
- For more articles about this great game, check out our dedicated Fallout 4 Hub.
- Avid gamers should also check out our separate Gaming page.
Fallout 4 is one of the most popular video games available, with an interesting storyline and graphics. Still, fans all around the world have been complaining about several bugs and issues for several years now, and the developers couldn’t come with a stable fix.
One of the most common and annoying bugs is the glitches with the characters’ faces, which appear to be brown, black, rusty, or just dark. Sometimes, the issues encountered with the characters don’t even let the user play the game.
The faces keep changing out of the blue, after playing for a while or even before starting the game. Although the face bugs have no impact on the performance, plenty of players are threatening with giving up on the game.
How do I fix the Fallout 4 face bugs?
- Download the brown face workaround mod from the Nexus Mods website on your PC.
- Now copy and paste the extracted files in the Data folder of Fallout Game (possible location
C:/Program Files (x86)/ Steam/steam/apps/common/Fallout 4Data).
- Or you can use your desired Mod manager to enable the Mod
- Launch the game and the bug should be fixed.
The same method can be applied for the rusty face bug, but the file is different.
- First, open the Fallout 4 Game folder on your PC.
- Find and open the Fallout 4.ini file with Notepad.
- Now edit the following lines in the .ini file through Notepad on your PC:
- Save changes and exit.
- Then download the Black Face Fix Mod.
- Run the Nexus Mod Manager and activate the mod by selecting its file.
This is just a workaround, as it downscales the textures of the faces because it appears that the glitch appeared after the launch of the High-Resolution DLC. If the bug is not fixed, the issue might lie somewhere else.
In both cases, look for the latest files and it is helpful to also skim through the posts added by various FO4 fans that have tried these solutions.
Hopefully, we’ve helped to improve your gaming experience. For sure, any suggestion on this topic is helpful for the gamers community.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out our complete guide about how to fix Garry’s Mod issues on Windows 10.
You can try to fix this issue by tweaking the Fallout 4.ini file in the Fallout 4 Game folder as described in this article.
You can fix the brown face bug by downloading a third-party mod on your PC and following the steps described in this guide.