How to fix common For Honor issues
We’re sure that For Honor players are very determined to annihilate any bugs that may dare to appear in their way. Indeed, judging by player feedback, there are a lot of bugs affecting the game, but the good news is that Ubisoft has already published a list of quick workarounds that you can use to fix them.
Fix: For Honor frequent bugs
- Easy AntiCheat – Impossible to launch the game error
- Easy AntiCheat error 10018
- For Honor won’t return to the desktop
- Gamepads not working
- Controller switches Right & Left Trigger
- Game stutters when you are hit
- NAT Type Group Issues
- Mixed Region Group Connectivity Issues
- Error 0004000008
- For Honor won’t launch
1. Easy AntiCheat – Impossible to launch the game error
Easy AntiCheat sometimes displays an error message, preventing the game from launching or simply closing it after the intro videos. Here’s how to fix this:
- Use the Verify File Integrity option in Uplay PC client
- Open your “For Honor” game page > click Properties
- In the Local files section, select Verify files.
2. Easy AntiCheat error 10018
The AntiCheat error 10018 is simply resolved by fully restarting the game and the Uplay desktop client. Once you’ve ‘killed’ their respective processes, just start them again and the error prompt shouldn’t appear anymore.
- Close For Honor > use Task Manager to end all game processes > restart the game.
- Close the game and restart Uplay PC client.
If it keeps reappearing, consider disabling background programs like VoIP or chat apps.
3. For Honor won’t return to the desktop
Sometimes, after getting a “Connection has been lost” error message while being idle on matchmaking, you may be unable to quit to desktop. To return to the desktop, simply restart the game. You can force-quit the game by pressing Alt+F4 and killing the process from the Task Manager.
4. Gamepads not working
Unplug all other non-necessary peripherals, especially Steering Wheels and Flight Joysticks. If this doesn’t work, follow the troubleshooting steps listed in this fix article.
5. Controller switches Right & Left Trigger
Usually, this issue is prevalent for Bluetooth controllers. Try connecting your controller through USB. Ubisoft also recommends installing the Windows 10 Anniversary update OS as a workaround.
6. Game stutters when you are hit
Use the same solutions suggested fixing controller switch issues. You can also try reducing the graphics and check your network connection. Since there are no dedicated servers for “For Honor”, a lot of things fall on the player’s side.
Restarting the game and starting again might help as well.
7. NAT Type Group Issues
Groups with more than 1 Strict NAT are not recommended as they will not be able to reach matchmaking. Preferably invite friends with open or moderate NAT types instead.
8. Mixed Region Group Connectivity Issues
Users might encounter connectivity issues when grouping with players from other regions. For this reason, Ubisoft doesn’t recommend creating mixed region groups.
9. Error 0004000008
If error 0004000008 appears on the screen, simply restart the game. This error was, at the certain point of time, a complete plague for “For Honor” players, but it seems that’s somewhat resolved or at least significantly reduced these days.
10. For Honor won’t launch
- Run Uplay in Admin mode
- Disable your antivirus software or add the game and Uplay as an exception
- If you’re using an Intel integrated chipset, try forcing the dedicated GPU instead: under the “Manage 3D settings” tab in the NVIDIA control panel, navigate to your game’s .exe and specify which GPU to use
- Make sure that the game is installed on your C: drive
- Launch the game from an entirely new Windows system profile
- Unplug your controller/non-essential peripherals then launch the game again. Then reconnect your controller. Also temporarily disable any software linked to the controllers.
We hope that these workarounds helped you fixed some of the For Honor issues bugging you. As always, if you’ve come across other workarounds, you can help the community by listing the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in February 2017 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- For Honor: System requirements for a smooth gaming session
- How to enable Game Mode on Windows 10 PC
- Fix: Sniper Elite 4 micro-stutters and stalls on AMD CPUs
Microsoft released a new Windows 10 Insider Preview build in the Fast Ring. Windows 10 Build 18965 brings a long list of fixes and improvements, […]
Microsoft just announced a new extension for Visual Studio Code. Web Template Studio simplifies web app creation Microsoft Web Template Studio is a cross-platform extension […]