Fix: Forza Horizon 3 crashes on Windows 10
Forza Horizon 3 fans can now play the awaited game and push the pedal to the metal. The game was launched a few days ago, but for many gamers, the joy lasted only a few minutes, until they downloaded and installed the game. When they tried to launch it, the game immediately crashed. Other gamers were a bit luckier, they were able to launch the game, but couldn’t advance due to various issues.
The game developers quickly reacted, acknowledging the crashes. The team also posted a guide aimed at helping gamers to avoid such situations, and also offered a series of quick workarounds.
Forza Horizon 3 crashes big time on Windows 10
“If you are experiencing crashing to desktop issues with Forza Horizon 3 on Windows 10, can we ask that you please read the the below information and current workarounds whilst we continue to investigate the issue:
- Conflict with AV software causing the game not to progress past the Playground logo. Please try disabling or uninstalling your AV software.
- Some players are experiencing issues when running the game with a microphone enabled. This issue is being investigated. In the meantime disabling microphones for Forza Horizon 3 in Privacy Settings should in some cases allow the title to boot.
- Some players have reported that the title will not boot when the Windows automatic update service is disabled. Enabling the automatic update service will resolve this issue.
- Players experiencing a crash on boot when running laptop machines with an integrated graphics chip should make sure that their dedicated video card is selected as the primary display device.
- Some players have reported issues when running InputMapper. Running it in exclusive mode appears to fix the issues.
- Players using Intel Kentsfield Core 2 Quad processors may experience the title closing immediately on boot. These processors fall below the minimum spec and are not officially supported. There are no known workarounds at this point.
- Players may find the game will not boot on single or dual core machines. These CPUs fall below minimum spec and are not supported.”
Gamers also listed the workarounds they themselves developed to fix the annoying Forza Horizon 3 crashes. They include:
- Disabling all the accounts in the Windows Store.
- Cleaning all the traces from previous drivers before installing new Forza Horizon 3 drivers.
- Unplugging all USB-devices, including optional monitors. Keep only the devices that you really need to play, and kill unnecessary tasks as well.
- Disabling triple screen surround, as the game only works on a single screen.
- Turning off Drivatar Designs in Settings.
- Go to Windows, search Add or Remove programs and open it. Then you’ll find Forza Horizon 3 and left click it. Select Advanced options and then left click Reset. This should fix your issue completely. Thank you, Steven for the tip.
If you’re experiencing Forza Horizon 3 crashes, try the suggestions and workarounds listed above and see if they solve the problem. However, it is worth mentioning that some gamers reported the crashes continued even after they tried all the available fixes. It seems that all they can do is wait for the developers to push an update aimed at fixing these issues.
We also recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to scan and fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware and hardware failure.
How has your Forza Horizon 3 experience been so far? Tell us more about it in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- List of wheels supported by Forza Horizon 3 on Windows 10 PC
- 10 best Windows 10 racing games to play
- 8 best tank games for Windows 10
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]