How to fix common Halo Wars 2 install errors
Halo Wars 2 is a real-time strategy game that allows players to lead Spartans, Warthogs and other classic Halo fighting forces in a brutal and terrifying war. A new enemy has appeared on the biggest Halo battlefield ever and your main task is to stop it.
But before you engage in fierce battles against your enemies, you may need to “battle” various technical issues first. Players report that various Halo Wars 2 bugs sometimes affect the game, limiting their gaming experience.
In this article, we’re going to focus on a series of error messages that may appear on the screen and how to fix them.
Fix frequent Halo Wars 2 errors
- License Unverified error
- Install failed error
- Target drive error
- Install error 0x80070005
- Install error 0x80073cf9
1. License Unverified error
This error indicates that you may have created a new Microsoft account in order to redeem the game code. If this is the case, here’s what to do:
- Complete your installation of Halo Wars 2
- Restart your Windows 10 computer
- Go to the Windows Store > sign in using the Microsoft account that you used to redeem your code
- Go to My Library > confirm that you added Halo Wars 2 to your list of games
- If Halo Wars 2 is available in your Library, you should be able to launch it. If Halo Wars 2 is not available in your list of games, make sure that you’ve used the right Microsoft Account to sign into the Windows Store.
- If you’re using the correct account, yet Halo Wars 2 is not visible in your library, contact Haloway support.
2. Install failed error
This error usually occurs when other apps are running in the background during the game install process. To get rid of this error, follow these steps:
- Restart your Windows 10 computer
- Disable all non-essential apps and programs
- Restart the game‘s install process.
3. Target drive error
This error message informs you that there is a problem with your install disc, or with the target drive that you are trying to install the game to. Here’s how to fix this:
- Make sure that your installation disc has no scratches or defects
- Check the target drive to make sure that there is no issue with the drive itself or writing data to that drive
- Restart your Windows 10 computer > launch the install process again.
4. Install error 0x80070005
This error occurs mainly on the Windows Store. If you’re experiencing error 0x80070005, follow the steps listed below:
- Launch the Store troubleshooter
- Make sure you’ve installed the latest Windows updates
- Clear Store cache
- Run a full virus Scan
- Disable your firewall and try to install the game again
- Run a SFC scan
5. Install error 0x80073cf9
For more information about the troubleshooting steps for this error, check out our dedicated fix article.
If you’ve come across other Halo Wars 2 error messages and you’ve also found a workaround to fix them, use the comment section below to tell us more about your experience.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in February 2017 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Halo Wars 2 Blitz mode comes to Windows 10 and Xbox One users
- Halo Wars 2 gameplay images on Windows 10 reveal impressive visual effects
- How to fix common Halo Wars: Definitive Edition issues on Windows 10
The Coalition is currently developing the highly anticipated video game Gears 5. This game will be released for Xbox One and Windows users later this year. […]
Blue Screen of Death errors can be quite problematic, and speaking of these errors, many users reported Clock interrupt was not received error on their […]