Do you receive the Accelerometer error on start-up on your HP device? If you are, don’t worry as this is a minor problem related with some drivers and which can be easily addressed.
There are a few ways in which you can try to fix the Accelerometer error in Windows 10 and everything is being detailed and discussed in the following guidelines and steps.
Usually this warning message is displayed after your Windows received a new update, especially if that was a Windows 10 update. As already outlined, the error is talking about a driver which is not running properly.
It can be a file corruption or an outdated driver, thus the troubleshooting solutions will focus on resolving these particular aspects, as described below:
Fix HP accelerometer errors in Windows 10
- Check for Windows updates.
- Update existing drivers.
- Remove corrupted drivers and reinstall them manually.
1. Check for Windows updates
- On your computer press the Win+I hotkeys.
- From System Settings choose Update & Security.
- Under Windows Update (from the left panel) you can verify if there is any update waiting for your approval.
- Apply all available patches and restart your Windows 10 device in the end.
2. Update existing drivers
- Right-click on the Windows start icon.
- From the list that’s displayed click on the Device Manager entry.
- In Device Manager find the HP 3D DriveGuard driver.
- Right-click on it and choose Update.
- Restart your Windows 10 system in the end.
Nonetheless, there are third-party software that can do the job on your behalf. We also recommend using a specialized tool that can automatically download all out-of-date drivers to your PC in few clicks.
Various errors are the result of a malfunctioning driver. When this is the case, you may need to update or reinstall completely this specific component. As the process is not straight-forward to complete, we recommend using an automated tool for the job. Here's how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the app.
- Wait for the software to detect all your faulty drivers.
- You will now be presented with a list of all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your Windows safe from any type of errors caused by corrupted drivers, by installing and using DriverFix today!
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
3. Remove corrupted drivers and reinstall them manually
If updating the driver isn’t fixing the Accelerometer error, try to uninstall and reinstall it manually afterward:
- You can remove the driver from Device Manager – access Device Manager as already explained, then right-click on the HP 3D DriveGuard driver and choose ‘uninstall’.
- Alternatively: go to Control Panel, switch to Category and under Programs click on Uninstall. Find the HP 3D DriveGuard software and remove it from your Windows 10 device.
- Hint: for accessing Control Panel just right-click on the Windows start icon and select ‘Control Panel’.
- Restart your device and then access this link. From there you can download the latest HP 3D DriveGuard driver.
- Afterwards, install the driver by running the executable file that was just downloaded and follow on-screen prompts.
The methods explained above should help you fix the HP Accelerometer error in Windows 10.
You can share your own experience with us and with the other users who are planning to use this step by step guide. The easiest way in which you can get in touch with us will be through the comments area that’s available below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix PC error code 601 in HP Laptops
- USB not working on HP Envy laptops? Here’s how to fix this issue
- Best HP mini PCs you can buy right now