- Intel display audio issues are not so uncommon and they can strike without warning.
- As you can imagine, the Intel display audio driver allows you to hear background music and its sudden freeze can take that away, but also make the game unresponsive in some cases.
- Of course, you will need to check your audio drivers and update or replace them as per the case.
- But every now and then, the intel display audio not working can be an indicator of a much serious problem at the system level. Check out all the possible solutions in our guide below.
Are you experiencing Intel display audio not working issues? Do not panic, we will show you how to fix this problem.
Some Windows users reported getting Intel display audio not working prompts while playing games or accessing online multiplayer games.
This error prevents users from hearing background music and also makes the game unresponsive in some cases.
However, the reason for this error may be due to incompatible drivers, corrupt system drivers, and/or broken Windows registry.
Sound problems have always been recorded in several Windows versions and Windows 10 is no exception.
If you’re experiencing issues with the Intel display audio driver in Windows 10, our team has compiled a list of germane solutions to help you out.
How do I fix Intel display audio?
- Run SFC Scan
- Troubleshoot the audio display driver
- Reinstall your sound drivers
- Manually update Intel audio drivers
- Run a Windows Audio service check
- Run Windows update
1. Run SFC Scan
Here’s how to run an SFC scan on Windows 10:
- Go to Start > type cmd > right-click Command Prompt > select Run as Administrator.
- Now, type the sfc /scannow command and hit the Enter key.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.
The aftermath of malware or virus infection can lead to missing system files leading to Intel display audio not working.
Even though antivirus software may be used to remove the corruption, the system files could be overwritten, corrupted, or even damaged.
So, in order to repair the important system files that will prevent the Intel display audio driver from working, you need to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan.
System File Checker utility program checks for the authenticity of all system files and fixes problematic files afterward.
In addition, you can also run DISM to repair Intel display audio driver issues in Windows 10. Deployment Image Servicing and Management can also fix corrupt system files as well.
Here’s how to run DISM in Windows:
- Press Windows key + X and run Command Prompt (Admin).
- Copy and paste the following command on the command line:
exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- In case the DISM can’t obtain files online, try using your installation USB or DVD. Insert media and type the following command:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:RepairSourceWindows /LimitAccess
- Be sure to replace the C:RepairSourceWindows path of your DVD or USB.
Note: Ensure that you replaced the repair source path with your own.
2. Troubleshoot the audio display driver
Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:
- Click Windows + W keys, type troubleshooting in the search box, and press Enter.
- Click View all and then click Playing Audio.
- Follow the troubleshooting prompts to fix the problem.
Another method of fixing the Intel display audio not working is by running a troubleshooter so as to analyze and fix the problem.
Nevertheless, if you are still experiencing the Intel display audio not working, you can proceed to the next solution.
3. Reinstall your sound drivers
Here’s how to do this:
- Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu.
- Select Device Manager from the list.
- Locate your audio device, right-click it, and choose Uninstall device from the menu.
- Once the driver is uninstalled, click the Scan for hardware changes icon.
- After doing that, Windows will install the default audio driver
- Restart your computer to confirm the changes
If you have a corrupt Intel audio driver on your Windows 10 PC, it is more likely that you’ll experience the Intel display audio not working problem.
Therefore, you need to reinstall the drivers back to their default state from Device Manager.
After following the steps above in reinstalling the drivers, the Intel display audio not working issue should be resolved.
4. Manually update Intel audio drivers
Follow these steps to update your Intel audio drivers manually:
- Download the Intel audio drivers from Intel official website.
- Extract the download driver to a specified folder on your PC.
- Press Windows Key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
- Locate the device that you want to update. Right-click the device and choose Update driver.
- Select the Browse my computer for driver software option. This option will enable you to install the driver software manually.
- Choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer option.
- Click the Have Disk button.
- Install from Disk window will now appear. Click the Browse button and locate the driver on your hard drive. After you select the driver, click the OK button.
- After doing that, the driver will be automatically installed to your PC.
Since outdated system drivers can cause the Intel display audio not working problem, you should update your Intel audio drivers.
Note: You need to download the driver from the Intel official website and then extract it to any folder on your PC before you proceed.
Alternatively, you can use automated tools to update Intel drivers so as to fix the Intel display audio not working problem.
We strongly recommend DriverFix to automatically download all the outdated drivers on your PC.
⇒ Download DriverFix here
5. Run a Windows Audio service check
Here’s how to check Windows Audio service status:
- Press Windows Key + R.
- In the Run menu, type services.msc, and then press Enter.
- When the Services window opens, locate Windows Audio, and then double-click on it to open its Properties.
- Set the Startup type to Automatic.
- Click the Start button to start the service.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
- Restart the PC afterwards.
Sometimes, the Windows Audio service may be disabled leading to the Intel display audio not working prompt.
Therefore, you need to check whether the service is disabled or not; but if it is disabled, then you have to enable it.
6. Run Windows update
Here’s how to run Windows update:
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- Now navigate to Update & Security section.
- Click the Check for updates button.
Microsoft frequently releases Windows updates so as to improve the OS and fix various driver issues such as Intel audio drivers.
Therefore, you can run Windows update so as to solve Intel display audio not working problem.
Have in mind that you can use workarounds presented in this article for solving driver issues, not just the one we addressed today.
In case you have any questions or suggestions, the comments section is below.