Here’s how to fix Intel display audio not working
- Run SFC Scan
- Troubleshoot the audio display driver
- Reinstall your sound drivers
- Manually update Intel audio drivers
- Run a Windows Audio service check
- Run Windows update
Are you experiencing Intel display audio not working issues? Do not panic, we show you how to fix this problem.
Some Windows users reported getting Intel display audio not working prompts while playing games or accessing online multiplayer games. This error prevents users from ‘hearing’ background music and also makes the game unresponsive in some cases.
However, the reason for this error may be due to incompatible drivers, corrupt system drivers and/or broken Windows registry. Sound problems have always been recorded in several Windows version and Windows 10 is no exception.
If you’re experiencing Intel display audio problems, Windows Report team has responded to the Intel display audio problem by enlisting germane solutions for this problem.
SOLVED: Intel display audio issues
Solution 1: Run SFC Scan
The aftermath of malware or virus infection can lead to missing system files leading to the ‘Intel display audio not working’ problem. Even though antivirus software may be used to remove the corruption, the system files could be overwritten, corrupted, or even damaged.
So, in order to repair the important system files that will prevent the ‘Intel display audio not working’ problem, you need to run System File Checker (SFC) scan. System File Checker utility program checks for the authenticity of all system files and fixes problematic files afterwards.
Here’s how to run an SFC scan on Windows 10:
- Go to Start > type cmd > right-click Command Prompt > select Run as Administrator.
- Now, type the sfc /scannow command and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.
- READ ALSO: Fix Audio Issues in Windows 10
In addition, you can also run DISM to solve the ‘Intel display audio not working’ problem. Deployment Image Servicing and Management can also fix corrupt system files as well.
Here’s how to run DISM in Windows:
- Press Windows key + X and run Command Prompt (Admin).
- Copy and paste the following command on the command line:
- exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- In case the DISM can’t obtain files online, try using your installation USB or DVD. Insert media and type following command:
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:RepairSourceWindows /LimitAccess
- Be sure to replace “C:RepairSourceWindows” path of your DVD or USB.
Note: Ensure that you replaced repair source path with your own.
Solution 2: Troubleshoot the audio display driver
Another method of fixing ‘Intel display audio not working’ is by running a troubleshooter so as to analyze and fix the problem.
Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:
- Click Windows + W keys, type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
- Click “View all” and then click “Playing Audio”.
- Follow the troubleshooting prompts to fix the problem.
Nevertheless, if you are still experiencing the ‘Intel display audio not working’ problem, you can proceed to the next solution.
Solution 3: Reinstall your sound drivers
If you have a corrupt Intel audio drivers on your Windows 10 PC, it is more likely that you’ll experience the ‘Intel display audio not working’ problem. Therefore, you need to reinstall the drivers back to its default state from ‘Device Manager’
Here’s how to do this:
- Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu.
- Select Device Manager from the list.
- Locate your audio device, right-click it and choose Uninstall device from the menu.
- Once the driver is uninstalled, click the Scan for hardware changes icon.
- After doing that, Windows will install the default audio driver
- Restart your computer to confirm the changes
After following the steps above in reinstalling the drivers, the ‘Intel display audio not working’ issue should be resolved.
Solution 4: Manually update Intel audio drivers
Alternatively, since outdated system drivers can cause ‘Intel display audio not working’ problem. Therefore, you should update your Intel audio drivers so as to resolve the Intel driver issue.
Note: You need to download the driver from Intel official website and then extract it to any folder on your PC before you proceed.
Follow these steps to update your Intel audio drivers manually:
- Download the Intel audio drivers from Intel official website.
- Extract the download driver to a specified folder on your PC.
- Press Windows Key + X and select ‘Device Manager’ from the list.
- In ‘Device Manager’ window, locate the device that you want to update. Right-click the device and choose Update driver.
- Select the Browse my computer for driver software option. This option will enable you to install the driver software manually.
- Choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer option.
- Click the ‘Have Disk’ button.
- Install from Disk window will now appear. Click the Browse button and locate the driver on your hard drive. After you select the driver, click the OK button.
- After doing that, the driver will be automatically installed to your PC.
Alternatively, you can use automated tool to update Intel drivers so as to fix the ‘Intel display audio not working’ problem. We strongly recommend TweakBit’s Driver Updater (approved by Microsoft and Norton) to automatically download all the outdated drivers on your PC.
Solution 5: Run a Windows Audio service check
Sometimes, the Windows Audio service may be disabled leading to the ‘Intel display audio not working’ prompt. Therefore, you need to check whether the service is disabled or not; but if it is disabled, then you have to enable it.
Here’s how to check Windows Audio service status:
- Press Windows Key + R
- In the “Run’ windows, type ‘services.msc’ without quotes, and then press enter.
- When Services window opens, locate Windows Audio, and then double-click on it to open its properties.
- Set the Startup type to Automatic
- Click the Start button to start the service.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
- Restart the PC afterwards.
This solution should fix ‘Intel display audio not working’ issue ultimately.
Solution 6: Run Windows update
Microsoft frequently releases Windows updates so as to improve the OS and fix various driver issues such as Intel audio drivers. Therefore, you can run Windows update so as to solve ‘Intel display audio not working’ problem.
Here’s how to run Windows update:
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- Now navigate to Update & Security section.
- Click Check for updates button.
Have in mind that you can use workarounds presented in this article for solving driver issues, not just the one we addressed today. In case you have any questions or suggestions, the comments section is below.
For more Windows Drivers workarounds, and additional info, make sure to check our Windows 10 Drivers hub.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Quick fix: Windows 10 build has no audio
- Windows 10 April Update breaks audio settings [FIX]
- Fix: Problems with VIA HD Audio in Windows 10, 8.1, 7
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]