How to fix Microsoft System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection install error
Finding the right resources for keeping your network protected all the time might be a real challenge, especially when you have to secure several computers and notebooks from a certain group. However, Microsoft might have the solution for your problem as it develops and provides an antimalware and antivirus complex service especially created for network groups: Microsoft System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection.
When System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection is installed and used along with the Configuration Manager you can be sure that your network and the devices connected are protected against malware attacks. Your only job is to properly install and set up the security software.
Even though the installation process should be the easiest part, some users reported problems while trying to complete the System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection (SCEP) installation wizard. So, in this guide, we will try to fix the 0X80070002 error code that’s associated with this operation and which prompts you with the ‘Cannot complete the system center endpoint installation’ message.
How to fix Endpoint Installer Error 0x80070002 in Windows 10
Right from the start you have to know that this Microsoft security service can be installed only in certain conditions which include:
- there shouldn’t be any other security feature installed on the computer where you want to complete the installation process
- the original Windows (genuine) system must be running on your device
- set the right permissions for the Microsoft System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection software.
So, here is how you can ensure all these conditions:
Uninstall additional antivirus and antimalware programs
The 0x80070002 error code might occur if there are other security programs running on your device. Now, uninstalling these programs through the System Center 2012 Endpoint Installer might not properly remove all the associated security files. So, a manual uninstall is required; you can complete it by following:
- On your computer press the Win+R keyboard keys.
- In the Run box enter appwiz.cpl and press Enter in the end.
- The Programs and Features window will be displayed on your computer.
- Look for your antimalware and spyware programs and uninstall each entry one by one.
- Restart your Windows 10 system in the end.
- Retry the System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection installation process.
Allow permissions from Microsoft Client Manager
If you are currently initiating the install remotely, you need to set the right permissions first; otherwise you will end up in experiencing the 0x80070002 ‘cannot complete the system center endpoint installation’ error log. So:
- Open the Configuration Manager service.
- Select Administration from the interface that will be displayed.
- Within Administration choose to expand the Overview entry.
- Also expand Site Configuration and click on Sites.
- Select Configure Site Components and choose Software Distribution.
- Switch to Network Access Account.
- From here just add the user account that needs permission to access the content when that will be required.
- Resume the System Center 2012 Endpoint Installer process.
Hopefully, now you should be able to complete the System Center 2012 Endpoint Installer operation without receiving the 0x80070002 ‘cannot complete the system center endpoint installation’ error message.
Tell us how everything worked during the troubleshooting process that was explained above as that’s the only way in which we can still help other users succeed with their own Windows 10 fixes.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: “There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper” error
- Microsoft will rename Firewall in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
- Best antivirus programs for Windows Server
Live streaming is the hottest trend and a powerful streaming software makes the entire process a lot easier. A streaming software primarily helps you with […]
From the tail end of the 20th century, up to about a decade ago, CDs and DVDs constitute the major options for media storage. Today, […]