Fix: Shadow Warrior 2 crashes when loading missions
Shadow Warrior 2 is a great, unpredictable game that will take you to an incredible fantasy world to battle thousands of fierce demons. The game is quite addictive, but sometimes all the fun can turn into frustration due to various game issues.
The game developers work closely with the Shadow Warrior 2 community to detect and patch these annoying game bugs, and they already posted a list of workarounds for various issues. However, there is one problem that seems to be difficult to fix: game crashes.
The good news is that if the Shadow Warrior 2 crashes you’re experiencing are caused by corrupted character save files, you can now quickly solve the problem.
Follow the troubleshooting steps listed below:
1. Go to C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\Flying Wild Hog\Shadow Warrior 2\profiles\steam_000000000000000\1
2. Open “save_auto.bin” and extract “bin”
3. Open “bin” in Notepad++ and see if your “DefaultWeapon” is set to a weapon that is not equipped and change it to one that is.
4. Save and replace the “bin” file in “save_auto.bin” with your modified file and try to use your save.
If there is no data in the save_auto.bin file, this means that the file is corrupted and you need to use another workaround. Find the last file that is not corrupted, make a copy of it and then delete the original “save_auto.bin” and rename the copy “save_auto.bin”. The latest file is the one with the largest quest number at the end.
If you’re still having issues on your PC or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool to fix various PC problems, such as missing or corrupted files, malware and hardware failure.
Try these workarounds and tell us in the comment section below if they solved the problem for you.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Shadow Warrior 2 doesn’t support Denuvo or any form of DRM
- NVIDIA updates its drivers Gears of War 4, Mafia 3, Shadow Warrior
- Gears of War 4 fans complain unlocking rare characters costs too much
- Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour issues affect many gamers
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]