Shadow Warrior 2 is one of the most popular games of the moment. Tens of thousands of gamers are engaged in this impressive game trying to uncover the secret behind a series of fierce demonic invasions. As a player, your task is to constantly upgrade your weapons and kill all the demons so that you can banish evil back into the darkness.
Shadow Warrior 2 is a captivating game, but not yet perfect. Many users complain that sometimes the game won’t load, they can’t save their progress, and VSYNC doesn’t work properly.
Fortunately, the game developers already offered a series of workarounds for common issues reported on Xbox One and Windows PC. They also promised to push a patch as soon as possible since not all the issues can be solved using quick workarounds.
Fix frequent Shadow Warrior 2 issues
- SLI/Crossfire, Freesync/GSYNC or HDR displays don’t work
To fix this bug, you should enable exclusive full screen. Go to Options > Video > Display Mode > set to Full screen.
- Stuttering or VSYNC issues
These issues should be fixed when full screen and full screen window are enabled
- Shadow Warrior 2 won’t start
First, launch the game without Steam and see if it shows a missing DLL error. If this happens, install either the Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 or Visual Studio Redist 2012. This type of issues was mainly reported by users running Windows 10 N editions. If you’re running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update OS, you should then download cumulative update KB3133719 which installs the Media Feature Pack for N editions of Windows 10 version 1607.
More specifically, here are the steps to follow to install Redist:
- Go to C:Drive> Program Files > Steam > Steam Apps > Common > Shadow Warrior 2 >_CommonRedist > vcredist > 2012
- Click on all of the vcredist programs in that folder. If they are not installed yet, you’ll be asked to download them. Click “Yes” to all of these programs. That should fix the problem.
However, if you installed the programs, but the game still won’t start, proceed with the following steps:
- Click on the vcredist programs in the folder. You’ll be asked if you want to uninstall the programs.
- Uninstall all the programs and then delete everything within that folder.
- Check the game cache in Steam. All the vcredist files that you deleted will now be restored.
- Go back to the folder you just deleted everything from, and you should see the same vcredist programs you deleted before.
- Click on each program. A prompt to install them should appear.
- Accept the installation. Once all the programs are installed, you should be able to run the game.
If the game won’t start, you can also create a new Windows user account and then start the game. Shadow Warrior 2 won’t work if two user accounts are active at the same time.
- Error “DX11 Device not found”
If this error appears on the screen, go to C:\Users\*\Saved Games\Flying Wild Hog\Shadow Warrior 2\profiles\steam_*/config.cfg
Find the line r_fullscreen_monitor 1 and change it to r_fullscreen_monitor 0. If you can’t find this line, you can simply add it.
Shadow Warrior 2’s developers are actively working on a first quick patch to fix the issues listed above, as well as other minor issues. Shadow Warrior 2 Patch 184.108.40.206 is expected to land on October 18 and will fix the following issues:
- Cutscene FOV, when playing with non standard FOV
- Game stuck on loading on 2 core CPUs
- Safe mode will be added. This will allow gamers to disable AlienFX and other videos that cause the game to crash on startup
- PAX MP avatar skin issues.
As a quick reminder, NVIDIA recently updated its drivers for Gears of War 4, Mafia 3 and Shadow Warrior 2. Install the latest drivers to make sure your system is properly configured to run Shadow Warrior 2.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: