The Sims 4 is now available on the Xbox One, but many gamers already regret purchasing the game due to one game-breaking bug: progress won’t save. As a matter of fact, this problem pushed many gamers to write negative reviews about the Xbox One edition of The Sims 4.
At the time of writing this article, the game has a 2.1 score on Metacritic. That says a lot!
EA’s working on a fix
The good news is that EA officially acknowledged the issue and confirmed that a hotfix would be rolled out as soon as possible.
Thanks to everyone who answered my questions to help us investigate this problem. We do not need more information at the moment, but again, thanks for taking the time to explain what you did in your games before it stopped saving! For those of you who are wondering, in case you missed my previous posts – yes, the team is working on this, that’s why I asked you for information
How to fix The Sims 4 saving issues
Meanwhile, a resourceful gamer found a workaround that you can use to solve the problem. Here are the steps to follow:
- Instead of saving your game progress, select “Manage worlds” > go to Worlds without saving.
- Press the menu button and return to the main menu without saving.
- Go back and load the autosave for your character.
- You should now be able to save your game progress.
Many players confirmed that this solution works. So, if The Sims 4 won’t save on your Xbox One, do follow the steps listed above and let us know if you managed to solve the problem.
Should you encounter the same problem on PC, we have a dedicated article on how to fix this issue.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix simulation lag in The Sims 4
- The Sims 4 won’t launch [FIX]
- Fix: Can’t Play Sims 4 on Windows 10