How to fix simulation lag in The Sims 4
The Sims 4 is one of the most addictive and challenging games currently available on the market but sometimes is affected by a series of issues that can limit the gaming experience or even prevent gamers from playing it altogether.
One of the most common issues affecting the Sims 4 is lag.Many players report that the game runs well for a few minutes, and then suddenly begins to lag, usually after gamers install the latest updates. Here’s how one player describes this issue:
This week my game started lagging really bad. It was totally random and the only thing I did between the game running perfectly fine and it running unbearably, was turn off my computer and turn it back on. […]
I’ve tried every option multiple times, before and after installing the new stuff. I even went so far as to completely uninstall Sims 4 and everything linked to it and reinstall it. Nothing has worked.[…] The lag I mentioned consists of the game moving perfectly fine for about five seconds, give or take, and running really slow for about the same amount of time. This goes on forever, in new saves, old saves, basically everywhere without fail.
How to fix lag in The Sims 4
1. Untick the following options: Online Features and Share user data
2. Right-click The Sims 4 tile in Origin, select Game Properties, and change the When launching this Game setting to The Sims 4 32-bit
3. Install the latest graphics driver updates on your computer
4. Turn the in-game chat off
5. Clear your Origin cache:
- Hit the Start button > go to Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Folder Options
- Click the View tab > go to Advanced settings > click Show hidden files and folders > click OK to save the changes
- If Origin is running, click Origin in the menu bar > select Exit
- Click Start > Computer > open the C:\ drive > Open the ProgramData folder > select the Origin folder > delete all the files and folders inside it except for LocalContent
- Go to C:\: > open the Users folder > open the folder with your computer’s username
- Go to AppData > Roaming > Origin > delete all the files and folders inside
- Go back to the AppData folder > open the Local folder > Origin > delete all the files and folders inside.
6. Download the Simulation Lag Fix mod. If none of the methods listed above helped you, this one will definitely do the trick: one resourceful player has created a dedicated Simulation Lag Fix mod you can download from the Sims 4’s mod page.
After this solution, lagging in The Sims 4 should be history. Use the comment section below to tell us which method did the trick for you!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
What Android emulator is the best for my Windows PC? Bluestacks MeMu Nox Remix OS Player Droid4X AMIDuOS Windroy Genymotion Xamarin Android Player Andy We’re […]
Recently, a security researcher @SandboxEscaper disclosed in a tweet which has been deleted (the account also has been removed), that the task scheduler is vulnerable […]
Microsoft may be developing a new wireless charging system called “Ultrafast’” for its devices, if a newly discovered patent gets approved for mass production. This […]