- Steel Division: Normandy 44 is a great real-time strategy game, but many users complained that they experience various problems.
- You should make some changes in the graphic settings.
- Check your antivirus or firewall and disable certain functions.
- Remove problematic software using a trusted uninstaller found below.
Steel Division: Normandy 44 is a tactical real-time strategy game that puts your military tactics skills to the test. You can play against AI enemies in a single-player campaign, or against several opponents in 10-on-10 multiplayer epic battles.
Many gamers report that Steel Division: Normandy 44 is affected by a series of technical issues. The good news is that the game’s devs already published a list of quick fixes to help you solve some of these bugs.
How do I fix the Steel Division: Normandy 44 issues?
Steel Division: Normandy 44 is a great real-time strategy, but it suffers from various issues. Speaking of issues, here are some problems that users reported:
- Steel Division Normandy 44 keeps crashing, crash on startup – Crashing is one of the common problems that you can encounter with this game. This is usually caused by trying to run the game in fullscreen mode. To fix the problem, start the game in borderless window mode.
- Steel Division Normandy 44 no sound – This problem can occur if there’s an issue with your audio drivers. In addition, check the integrity of game files and see if that solves the problem.
- Steel Division Normandy 44 game did not terminate properly – This is a peculiar issue, but it can occur from time to time. However, you should be able to solve this problem by using one of our solutions.
- Steel Division Normandy 44 low fps – Many gamers reported low FPS while playing the game. This can be a big issue, and to fix it, check your graphics card drivers and graphics settings.
- Steel Division Normandy 44 lag – This problem can occur due to your antivirus or firewall. To fix the issue, be sure to add the game to the list of exceptions in your antivirus and firewall.
- Steel Division Normandy 44 not loading, starting – If the game won’t start at all, the issue might be Visual C++ components. Simply install the necessary components and check if that solves your problem.
Solution 1 – Change your graphics settings
If Steel Division: Normandy 44 crashes after you change the graphics options, use these two solutions:
- When you see the prompt suggesting to use the last working configuration, select No. The game should automatically use the right options now.
- Change the graphics options one by one, but don’t modify the Shader Quality and Terrain Resolution settings.
Solution 2 – Check your antivirus
The most common cause for Steel Division: Normandy 44 issues can be your antivirus software, and in order to fix this issue, you need to add the game to the exclusions list in your antivirus and firewall.
If that doesn’t work, your next step would be to disable certain protection features and check if that helps. In addition, you can also try disabling your antivirus entirely.
In case that doesn’t work, you might have to remove your antivirus. If removing that solves the problem, you should consider switching to different antivirus software.
There are many great antivirus applications on the market, but if you’re a gamer, we recommend you try a suitable antivirus solution that works great in gaming mode.
These security utilities have a Gaming Mode feature, so it offers great protection without interfering with your favorite games.
Many users reported that Avast caused this problem to appear, but other applications can also cause it, so be sure to try this solution regardless of the antivirus you’re using.
Solution 3 – Run the game in borderless window mode
Many users reported various Steel Division: Normandy 44 issues, and according to them, they can’t even run the game in fullscreen mode. This is a strange bug, however, you can fix it by forcing the game to run in borderless window mode.
To do that, just follow these simple steps:
- Go to C:UsersUSERNAMESaved GamesEugenSystemsSteelDivision directory.
- Now locate the option.ini file and open it with Notepad.
- Now locate WindowFormStyle = 1 value and change it to WindowFormStyle = 2.
- After doing that, save changes and try to run the game.
By changing this one value, you’ll force the game to run in borderless window mode and the issue with the game should be resolved.
Solution 4 – Install the latest Windows updates
Sometimes Steel Division: Normandy 44 issues can occur due to missing updates. Windows 10 has certain bugs, and in order to fix those issues, it’s recommended to install the latest updates. Installing updates is pretty straightforward on Windows 10, and for the most part, the updates are installed automatically in the background.
However, you can check for updates at any time by doing the following:
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- Navigate to Update & Security section.
- Now click Check for updates button.
Windows 10 will now check for updates and download the available updates in the background. Once the updates are downloaded, they will be installed as soon as you restart your PC. After updating your system to the latest version, check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 5 – Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
According to users, Steel Division: Normandy 44 issues can occur due to Visual C++ components. Sometimes your Visual C++ installation might be corrupted, and that can lead to various issues with the game. However, you can fix the issue simply by reinstalling Visual C++ components.
To do that, just go to the game’s installation directory and look for the vcredist folder. Inside the folder, you’ll find some setup files. Run the setup files and choose the Repair option. If available, you can choose the Uninstall option as well and then install Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable again.
Once you reinstall Visual C++ components, the issue should be completely resolved.
Solution 6 – Change your graphics card settings
Many users reported that Steel Division: Normandy 44 has some issues working with two graphics cards in SLI mode. However, you can easily fix that issue simply by going to the Nvidia Control Panel > 3D settings and selecting Do not use SLI technology.
Solution 7 – Remove problematic software
Sometimes Steel Division: Normandy 44 issues can occur due to certain third-party applications. Those applications can interfere with your game and prevent you from running it. However, you can fix the problem simply by removing the problematic application.
The common cause for this problem is Raptr Gaming Evolved software, and in order to fix the problem, you need to remove it. Once the software is removed the issue should be completely resolved.
There are several ways to remove this application from your PC, but the most effective one is to use uninstaller software, that works perfectly for this task. In case you’re not familiar, uninstaller software will remove the selected application, but it will also remove all files and registry entries associated with it.
By using uninstaller software, you’ll ensure that the application is completely removed, and prevent any leftover files from interfering with your PC. Once the problematic application is removed, try to start the game again.
Solution 8 – Remove option.ini file
Sometimes, Steel Division: Normandy 44 won’t run on your PC due to the option.ini file. If your configuration isn’t correct, you might encounter various problems, and the best way to fix those problems is to remove the option.ini file.
This is quite simple to do, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Navigate to C:usersSaved GamesEugenSystemsSteelDivision directory.
- Locate the option.ini file and remove it. Alternatively, you can move the file to your Desktop for same results.
After doing that, start the game and check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 9 – Verify integrity of game files
Steel Division: Normandy 44 issues can occur if your installation is corrupted. If that’s the case, the game won’t be able to load at all, or you might experience some different issues. However, you can fix the problem simply by verifying the integrity of game files. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open Steam and go to your Library.
- Now locate Division: Normandy 44 on the list, right-click it and choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to the Local files tab and click Verify integrity of game files button.
- The verification process will now start. Keep in mind that the process can take up to 10 minutes, sometimes more.
Once the process is finished, the corrupted files will be repaired and the issue should be permanently resolved.
If you’ve come across other workarounds to fix various Steel Division: Normandy 44, feel free to list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.