How to disable the ‘Windows protected your PC’ error in Windows 10
Microsoft tries to develop and offer dedicated features and processes in order to secure the Windows 10 system. And the built-in Windows Defender SmartScreen security software is there to protect your data and your credentials each time a new app or program is installed.
While this default security solution ensures a relatively complex protection, in some situations its functionality can become quite annoying.
In that respect we can now discuss about the Windows Defender SmartScreen security warning messages which are displayed quite a lot, even when it’s not really necessary.
For example, when you try to install or run a new app and you receive the “Windows protected your PC” and “prevented an unrecognized app from starting” warnings.
If you know that this particular app is safe and will do no harm to the Windows 10 system there is no actual reason for receive those warnings which aren’t letting you with too many options; in fact you can apparently choose only the ‘don’t run’ option.
Anyway, during the lines from below we will learn how to disable the Windows Defender SmartScreen security software. But first, let’s see how to get pass the “Windows protected your PC” and “prevented an unrecognized app from starting” warning.
Allow app when “Windows protected your PC” message appears
- When you receive the warning message, don’t click on the ‘Don’t run’ option.
- Instead, click on the More info link, displayed beneath the warning message.
- Now, a new prompt will be displayed.
- If you are sure that the app that tries to access your system can be trust, click on Run anyway.
- Keep in mind that if admin privileges are required, the app will still not run on your computer.
Disable the Windows Defender SmartScreen security software
- Click on the Windows Search icon – is the Cortana button, the one located near the Windows start icon.
- In the search box type Windows Defender Security Center and then click on the result with the same name.
- The Windows Defender Security Center interface will be now displayed.
- From there go to the App & browser control field, located in the left sidebar.
- Scroll down and find Check apps and files.
- Turn off this feature.
- You can confirm these changes only if you are the Windows 10 admin.
So, that should be all. Now the Windows Defender SmartScreen security software is disabled so you will no longer receive the “Windows protected your PC” and “prevented an unrecognized app from starting” warnings.
Don’t forget to install an antivirus or antimalware program instead as otherwise you will risk in experiencing a malware attack. If you have further questions don’t hesitate and contact us by using the contact form from below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 virus removal tools to vanquish malware for good
- Fix: Windows Defender “An unexpected problem occurred” error
- Fix: Windows Defender won’t turn on
In the world of smartphones and busy people, a large chunk of the population relies heavily on sending SMS. Whether it’s a personal message or a […]
Error 0xca00a000 is a Windows Update error that arises for some users. The full error message states: 2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for […]