Forza Horizon 4 0x89232001 Error: 3 Quick Ways to Fix It
Check tested solutions that work for all
- Forza Horizon 4 Xbox players encounter a critical error, IPSEC 0x89232001, when trying to join online lobbies.
- The error arises due to network issues or problems with the game servers.
- To fix things, restart the console, update the software, or modify the network settings, amongst other solutions.
Forza Horizon 4 is one of the popular racing games, first released in 2018. Though it has had its share of success, users face quite a few issues on Forza Horizon 4, including the IPSEC 0x89232001 error.
The error is encountered when users try to connect to an online lobby. Also, a few users reported the IPSEC 0x89232000 error as well. But there are a few quick fixes that will help you get things up and running.
Why am I getting IPSEC 0x89232001 error in Forza Horizon 4?
Here are a few reasons you might be getting the Forza Horizon 4 0x89232001 error:
- Forza Horizon servers are down: If the Forza Horizon servers are down, you will have trouble connecting to the game and will encounter the error instead.
- Outdated firmware: An outdated Xbox firmware can also trigger various issues and affect the console’s performance.
- Misconfigured network settings: Optimal network settings and a stable connection are required to connect to the game’s server, so check if these are properly configured.
How do I fix the Forza Horizon IPSEC 0x89232001 error?
Before we head to the solutions that require making complex changes, here are a few tricks that might work:
- Restart the Xbox console and the modem/router it’s connected to.
- Check if Forza Horizon is down using a reliable platform like Downdetector. In case it is, wait for a while until the servers are up and running.
- Ensure there are no security settings configured on the router that might conflict with the connection.
If these don’t work, the solutions listed next should.
1. Modify the network settings
- Open the Settings on your Xbox, head to the General tab, and choose Network settings from the right.
- Select Advanced settings.
- Now, choose the Alternate MAC address option.
- Select the Clear button.
- Once done, choose Restart for the changes to come into effect.
- After the Xbox restarts, head to Advanced settings, and then choose IP settings.
- Now, choose Automatic here.
- Similarly, go to DNS settings, and set it to Automatic as well.
- Finally, choose Automatic for Alternate port selection.
- Now, relaunch the game.
Once done, you shouldn’t encounter the Forza Horizon 4 IPSEC 0x89232001 error anymore. This solution has worked for several users. In case the problem persists, head to the next solution.
2. Change the DNS server
- In your Xbox settings, head to Network settings under the General tab.
- Choose the Advanced settings option here.
- Select DNS settings.
- Next, choose Manual.
- Now enter the following DNS addresses:
- Primary DNS: 18.104.22.168
- Secondary DNS: 22.214.171.124
Once done, save the changes, and you should be able to play Forza Horizon 4 without encountering the 0x89232001 network error on Xbox.
3. Update the Xbox firmware
- Launch the Xbox Settings, head to System, and then select Updates.
- Choose the Update console option.
- If an update is available, click on the Start Update button.
After the update is installed, things should be up and running, and the Forza Horizon 4 error 0x89232001 should disappear.
Now that you have fixed the error, also check the best Xbox games and try your favorite one from the list today.
For any other queries or to share a solution that’s not listed here, drop a comment in the section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.