You may think that fighting games are no longer popular the way they were in the arcade game rooms era, but they’re making a comeback and they’re not alone: specialized fighting game controllers are piggybacking, too.
Pandora Box 5 Wireless Arcade 960, Razer Panthera Street Fighter V and NBSXR 3 in 1 Wired USB Fighting Stick are all great fighting game controller choices if you want to impress your friends with your arcade-style moves and dominate the fighting ring at the same time.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best game controllers for fighting games?
- Officially Licensed by Sony
- Wired controller for instant response
- R/L toggle switch and Turbo functions
- Designed for 2D fighting games with a 6-button layout
- Compatible with PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC (via Input)
- The D-pad could use improvements
Fighting games need specialized controllers if you want to feel comfortable, and few are as good as the licensed HORI Fighting Commander.
Not only does it have all the controls that you would need, it comes with features such as Turbo Mode.
If you have a knack for older fighting games, you’ll be glad to know that this controller is great with 2D games in particular.
- Great for fighting games like Street Fighter
- Responsive controls and dials
- Signature Mad Catz design
- The start button makes it very easy to press the share button by accident
Mad Catz has always been great with gaming peripherals, be it mice, keyboards, or controllers, and they’ve really outdone themselves with the Mad Catz Street Fighter V FightPad.
With a perfectly ergonomic design made with fighting games in mind, this Street Fighter controller puts complete character control in the palm of your hand.
Besides, the multi-purpose analog stick allows for easy navigation throughout your environment.
- Arcade stick-inspired 6 front-button layout
- 8-Way d-pad for precise diagonal input
- 3.5mm analog audio support
- Built-in competition mode
- The D-pad could use improvements
Razer has always been great at gaming gear in general, and this includes controllers as well, not just PC-exclusive peripherals.
This goes double for the Razer Raion Fightpad , especially if you’re an avid Street fighter fan that owns a PS4 or a PS5.
- Fully moddable design
- High-quality controller stick and buttons
- Comes with internal storage compartments
- Is compatible with many popular fighting games
- The USB cable is proprietary and non-replaceable
Razer Panthera Street Fighter V is a premium arcade-like stick controller that was specially designed for fighting game aficionados and arcade room heroes who think that the old ways are the best ways.
This controller packs an 8-way joystick, 10 responsive action buttons (8 on the front, 2 on the side), and comes with a fully moddable construction so that you can customize the joystick and buttons to your own liking.
- Wireless arcade-like stick controller
- Comes in pairs so you can share the fun
- unique design that makes it stand out
- Not everyone may like the design
Pandora Box 5 Wireless Arcade 960 is a set of two fighting stick controllers just as popular arcade rooms in your city used to have, meant to help you recreate the good old days with your friends at the game room from the comfort of your own home.
What makes this controller pack stand out in the crowd is that they can be used wirelessly and that there are two of them bundled together, so you can call your friends over and have a fighting game tournament in your living room.
If you want to impress your friends with your muscle memory that recalls every fighting game combo from back in the days, you definitely need arcade fighting stick controllers in your life.
Pandora Box 5 Wireless Arcade 960, Razer Panthera Street Fighter V, and HORI Nintendo Switch Real Arcade Pro are all great fighting stick controllers that you can use with a wide range of devices and operating systems.