- The GameStop wallet extension will be keeping your private keys, which are the passwords that enable you to access your cryptocurrencies.
- It will be the easiest it has ever been to access your self-custodial Ethereum wallet.
- You can simply add the extension to your browser from the Chrome Web Store.
Over the last several months, GameStop has been making efforts to diversify its primary business, which has helped the company attain a reputation similar to that of a cult among investors since it has become a meme stock.
The cryptocurrency industry is becoming increasingly competitive, and GameStop decided to release a version of its digital asset wallet. This wallet enables anyone, including gamers, to store, transmit, receive, and utilize NFTs and cryptocurrencies.
Follow along as we will address your most asked questions such as the GameStop wallet extension price, how it works and how you can use it on your browser. Keep on reading!
What is the GameStop wallet?
The free GameStop wallet will be keeping your private keys, which are the passwords that enable you to access your cryptocurrencies, both secure and easy to access.
This will make it possible for you to transfer and receive cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum. Crypto wallets are available in a wide variety of formats, ranging from hardware wallets like the Ledger (which resembles a USB stick) to mobile applications like the Coinbase wallet.
With the GameStop wallet extension, it will be even easier to access your assets. According to the company, the wallet is a self-custodial Ethereum wallet. Moreover, the wallet extension will be able to be downloaded from the Chrome Web Store.
It will also enable transactions on GameStop’s NFT marketplace. Which according to a press release, is expected to launch in the second quarter of the company’s fiscal year.
How to get the GameStop wallet extension?
1. Download on Chrome
- Since the GameStop wallet extension is only available on the Chrome Web Store. Therefore you will be able to use the GameStop wallet extension for Chrome and Brave. Thus, open your Chrome browser and type in Chrome Web Store, or follow the direct link towards it.
- Next, type GameStop Wallet inside the search bar and click on the GameStop Wallet result.
- Click on the Add to Chrome button.
- Next, click on the Extension icon from your Chrome and then click on the GameStop Wallet extension. You will be prompted with a pop-up window that will ask you to Create a new wallet or Recover one. That’s it!
2. Download on Brave
- Open your Brave browser and click on the burger menu from the top-left corner then select Extensions.
- Scroll down and click on the link to the Web Store.
- Here, type GameStop Wallet in the search bar then select the topmost result.
- Tap on the Add to Brave button then access the extension from the Extensions icon. Just like before, you will be able to create or recover a wallet.
Are crypto wallet extensions safe?
If you lose your private key or seed phrase, you will no longer have access to any coins that are connected with that key. Because of this, it is imperative that you save this information in a safe area.
It is strongly advised that at all times, at least one backup copy be kept in a distinct, safe location. Keep in mind that anyone who has access to your private key and/or seed phrase also has access to your funds.
People who are not familiar with cryptocurrency frequently get one element of it wrong, which is that it is possible to have your cryptocurrency coins hacked and stolen.
Even if there are countless cases of breaches from the past, the private key itself is not what is compromised when a hack occurs because it is the centralized platform that is targeted.
It is simply not feasible for a computer to guess a private key that is connected with a particular address since it would take the computer hundreds or even thousands of years to do so.
However, coins that are saved in a browser extension are still susceptible to several attack vectors. The safest option to keep your coins is on a hardware wallet or through a combination of a web 3.0 wallet and a hardware wallet.
Check out our post on the best cryptocurrency converter apps to start using today.
We hope our article proved to be helpful to you. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts with us in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!