- If your GeForce Experience app is not finding your games, the issue could be caused by an invalid file path, not having the latest drivers installed, or using an older software version.
- Checking if your games are compatible, updating your drivers, and reinstalling the app are some of the possible solutions to this issue.
- For more effective fixes to ensure your gaming experience is optimal, you can visit our dedicated Gaming Hub.
- Don't forget to bookmark our Windows Fix section to have constant access to a variety of fixes for your PC.
GeForce Experience is an incredibly powerful software that works great with the GeForce GTX graphic card series. Installing this app to your PC will ensure that you never have to worry about updating your drivers, and beyond this, it automatically optimizes your game graphics settings for the best gaming experience possible.
That being said, some users have encountered issues with the GeForce Experience software not finding their local games, and also not finding Steam games.
As this will hinder your ability to use the full force of your GTX graphics card, the irritation is understandable. Here is what one user had to say about this issue on the Steam forums:
GeForce Experience can not detect any games I own (which is too many to name) when I attempt to scan for them in any way. I recently built a computer with the GTX 1070, which may be the problem, as it worked perfectly fine beforehand on my laptop. I only have one hard drive, so any solutions/problems I found with multiple hard drives do not affect me. Is this just a bug with my GPU, or am I missing something?
Even though no official fix for this issue has been released, in this article we compiled some of the methods that have proven useful in other user’s situations. Read along to find out the details.
What can I do if GeForce Experience is not finding games?
1. Make sure your game is supported
Some games are not supported by GeForce Experience, and, by default, they will not be recognized or capable of being optimized by this app.
To check if your games can work, check the official GeForce Experience supported games list.
If your games are supported, try the next method.
2. Verify that the install directory of the game is checked
- Open the GeForce Experience app.
- Navigate to Preferences.
- Click on Games.
- See what folders are set to be checked by GeForce Experience, and where you have your games installed.
- If there is any discrepancy between the two options, add the link to the folder in which you installed the games (ex. D:Games).
- After you’ve completed this task, restart your GeForce Experience app and check to see if the issue is resolved.
3. Make sure that all your games are on the same hard drive
If you have multiple hard drives installed on your PC, the GeForce experience will have issues compiling the information and offering you optimization for them.
If that is the case, it is recommended that you choose one of the drives, and install all games to that location.
4. If GeForce Experience is not detecting games, update your GPU drivers
- Launch the GeForce Experience application.
- Select the Drivers tab from the top menu.
- Click Check for updates.
- If there is any available update, the option to install it will appear in the window.
- Install the drivers, and check to see if the issue is resolved. If you can’t find any new drivers, try the next method.
If you’re having issues when updating your Nvidia drivers on Windows 10, check out this comprehensive guide.
5. Use the latest GeForce Experience application
Uninstall the app:
- Press the Win+X keys and choose the first option from the top Apps and features.
- Search for the GeForce Experience app in the list and select it.
- Press the Uninstall app button and complete the process.
To reinstall the app:
- Download the latest version of GeForce Experience.
- Run the installer on your PC, and then log into your account.
- Check to see if the app is finding your games.
As we understand how frustrating it can be to want to play the latest version of your favorite game, the list above should help you fix this issue.
Don’t hesitate to let us know if you’ve had success in fixing the GeForce Experience not finding games issue, and if so, by using what method.
If you want to share this information with us or ask us any other question, leave a comment in the section found below this article.
FAQ: Learn more about GeForce Experience
- Why did my Nvidia control panel disappear?
Your Nvidia control panel might disappear if your software or drivers are not up to date. To fix it, simply check for the latest version of the software, and use the Device Manager to automatically search for drivers.
- Is GeForce Experience the same as Nvidia control panel?
Even though they are both used for gaming optimizations, the GeForce Experience app is a newer and more user-friendly option, while the Nvidia Control Panel‘s design is more on the classical side. The latter is recommended for people who prefer the classical look.
- Can I uninstall Nvidia Control Panel?
The short answer to this question is a resounding Yes. If you are not interested in optimizing your PC games anymore, you can simply remove the Nvidia Control Panel from Windows without affecting your gaming capability.