- Whilst most new games will inherently work on modern systems, it isn't always the case with classic titles.
- GOG's mission is quite clear: keep classic games alive and if you want to know how to run GOG games on Windows 10, have a read through our guide.
- Fancy reading more about GOG and their mission? Look no further than our dedicated GOG Page.
- Whenever you get stuck with a game or you're having trouble running a particular title, our in-depth Gaming Hub is the place to look.
Whilst most new games will inherently work on modern systems, it isn’t always the case with classic titles. Getting your hands on old games is easy enough through GOG, and you can also easily run GOG games on Windows 10 without much trouble.
GOG.com released an announcement that provided us with all necessary details about compatibility with Windows 10. The post stated that testers from GOG’s team are constantly working on this and that they’re very optimistic about running GOG games on Windows 10.
You have been asking on our forums, and now we are here with the official word! We’re getting ready for Windows 10 and putting our QA Team at full capacity to test the games we (and you!) are looking forward to play on the upcoming OS.
How do I run GOG games on Windows 10?
1. Download GOG games via the Galaxy Launcher
- Go to GOG.com and log in
- Download & install the GOG Galaxy Launcher
- Log in with your GOG credentials
- Go to Owned Games
- Select the game and click Install
All the games you purchase on the GOG website will immediately be available in your Owned games tab. From here, you can install and launch GOG classic and new games on Windows 10, as well as see DLCs and achievements.
2. How to download GOG games without the Galaxy Launcher
- Go to GOG.com and log in
- Hover over your username on the top of the screen
- Click on Games
- Select the game you wish to download
- Click on Download Offline Backup Game Installers
- Click on the game title and your download will begin
- Locate the executable file and follow the wizard to install it
Downloading GOG games as executable files will allow you to manage your collection without being tied to an online service. As you truly own the game, you can now do whatever you want with the game.
Additionally, this will allow you to install it on offline machines a well.
GOG is the subsidiary of CD Projekt, the company who also owns CD Projekt RED, developer of one of the most popular video game series today, The Witcher.
GOG.com is especially popular because it offers video games to users through its DRM-free platform for Windows, OS X and Linux.
FAQ: Running GOG games on Windows 10
- What games are on GOG?
GOG is a software distribution platform where you can legally purchase DRM-free games. There are thousands of games and DLCs available on GOG, spanning decades from 1980 to unreleased titles. You can check out their offering on the store page.
- How do I play games on GOG?
Once you’ve purchased a game from GOG, you can install it via the Galaxy Launcher or by downloading the executable, as described in this guide. GOG has made it very easy to run classic and new games on Windows 10, and all without any DRM.
- Is there a GOG launcher?
Yes, GOG has its own game launcher called Galaxy. You can download the launcher from the GOG website and install games by following the steps shown above.
- How do I download from GOG?
You can download games from GOG via the Galaxy Launcher or you can download the executable file and install the game manually using the wizard. The second option will allow you to install games on offline machines. Check out our guide to see how to do that.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2015 and has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.