- Gpapi.dll errors can be caused by viruses or some registry problems on your device.
- We have covered all possibilities in this guide. Make sure to first perform a restore of the damaged dll file.
- Another easy way to solve the gpapi.dll error is to use a dedicated tool that will help you update all faulty drivers.
- Performing a PC reset by following the steps presented in this article is yet another efficient way of solving this dll error.
Not to mention how time-consuming can be trying to figure out why they appeared and how to fix it. Usually, the error messages related to gpapi.dll files indicate that the file may have been incorrectly installed, corrupted, or even removed.
We’ve gathered in this article a list of easy to perform steps that will help you solve the gpapi.dll error in no time so check it out.
What can cause a gpapi.dll error?
- Due to an error that may lead to losing data, the gpapi.dll file is inaccessible or damaged.
- The antivirus software may have blocked the gpapi.dll file’s access.
- The Windows registry’s database is damaged.
Common gpapi.dll errors include:
- gpapi.dll is missing
- gpapi.dll error loading
- gpapi.dll crash
- gpapi.dll was not found
- gpapi.dll could not be located
- gpapi.dll Access Violation
- The procedure entry point gpapi.dll error
- Cannot find gpapi.dll
- Cannot register gpapi.dll
How can I fix the gpapi.dll error in Windows 10?
1. Use a dedicated DLL repair tool
The fastest way of solving the gpapi.dll error is to find and download the file into the original folder. You can do this by accessing a dedicated dll library, and download the correct igdumdim64.dll file based on your device.
These libraries are usually updated frequently and searching the file based on your system details( 64-, or 32-bit) you should have no problems in finding the right one.
Restoro is a reliable third-party DLL fixer which uses a built-in automated system and an online library full of functional DLLs to replace and repair any files that might be corrupted or damaged on your PC.
All you need to do to resolve your PC’s problems is to launch it, and simply follow the on-screen instructions to start the process, as everything else is covered by the software’s automated processes.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for it to scan your PC for any stability issues and possible malware.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
After this process is completed your PC will be as good as new, and you will no longer have to deal with BSoD errors, slow response times, or other similar issues.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Scan your device
Sometimes the gpapi.dll error is prone to happen due to a virus or a malware infection on your device. A malicious program could intentionally corrupt the DLL files in order to substitute them.
Running a virus scan using your antivirus program in order to determine if your system is virus-free is recommended
3. Update drivers
You can manually update the drivers for the associated program where the gpapi.dll error appears but this can be a bit time consuming.
Also, make sure you don’t install the wrong drivers is essential, in order to avoid more damaged to your device.
In order to avoid all this from happening, we would recommend to use a dedicated third party tool that will do this for you atutomatically.
DriverFix is a reliable tool that will keep the drivers updated at all time and thanks to the built-in library you will know for sure that all the drivers are up to date.
Various errors are the result of a malfunctioning driver. When this is the case, you may need to update or reinstall completely this specific component. As the process is not straight-forward to complete, we recommend using an automated tool for the job. Here's how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the app.
- Wait for the software to detect all your faulty drivers.
- You will now be presented with a list of all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your Windows safe from any type of errors caused by corrupted drivers, by installing and using DriverFix today!
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
4. Perform a system file checker
- Go to Search, type cmd in the Search box, and then right-click on Command Prompt.
- Next, click on Run as administrator.
- At the Command Prompt, type the following command:
- Type Enter and allow the process to continue.
If your DLL file is provided by Microsoft, running the System File Checker will replace the corrupted copy of the dbghelp.dll file with the cached one.
5. Reset your device
- In the Windows search box enter reset this PC.
- Click on Reset this PC and press on the Get started button.
- Select the Keep my files option from the displayed list.
- Finally, press on the Next button and Reset to confirm.
Problematic applications or even outdated drivers can cause the gpapi.dll error and you can easily fix this problem by following the steps indicated in this article.
We definitely hope that following the steps indicated in this guide has managed to help you resolve the gpapi.dll error.
Don’t hesitate to share with us in the comments section below any other recommendations or suggestions you may have.