A graphics processing unit (GPU) refers to a kind of specialized electronic circuit that helps to render GUIs into visually attractive icons and designs rather than multiple black and white lines.
The main difference between CPU and GPU is the fact that the last one has many cores that can handle thousands of threads simultaneously.
Nowadays, GPUs can be integrated into the CPU of mobile phones, PCs, workstations, and game consoles. They can also be offered as a discrete hardware unit.
Useful tips about GPU
- 6 best graphics cards for gamers to buy
- 5 Best laptops with dedicated graphics card
- 5 best NVIDIA GPUs for gaming you need to try
- PC not detecting GPU [Technician Fix]
- 5 best GPUs for video and photo editing
If you want to discover more details about graphics cards, don’t hesitate to visit our dedicated GPU section.