Do you get an error message saying Sorry we’re having trouble linking your Microsoft account whenever you want to play a Steam game? You are not the only one having this issue.
This error can be extremely frustrating if it pops up constantly whenever you want to play your favorite games on Steam. It is usually produced by a loss of connectivity while signing up to your Microsoft account, a power outage, or even system file corruption in some cases. This error has been taken into account by Microsoft, but an official fix hasn’t been released yet.
For the reasons mentioned above, in this article, we will explore some of the best ways to deal with this annoying error, and get you back to your favorite games in no time. Read on to find out more.
Whenever I try to link my account it gives me an error. Anybody able to help me out?
Sorry! We are having trouble linking your Microsoft account. If you continue to see this error please go to www.rockstargames.com/support.
How to fix Sorry we’re having trouble linking your Microsoft account Steam error
1. Make sure you’re connected to the Internet
- Press Win + X keys on your keyboard, and select Settings.
- Inside the settings window, choose Network and Internet.
- In the Status tab, you will see a message telling you if you are connected or not. If you’re not connected, start troubleshooting your connection.
2. Check for game maintenance
- Check if the game you’re trying to run has any issues.
- Visit the developer’s forums or social media page and check for any maintenance or issues.
- If the problem is related to the game itself, you’ll have to wait for developers to address it.
In this article, we explored some fixes regarding the Having trouble linking your Microsoft account error message when trying to play a game on Steam. This issue is caused by a faulty update between your Microsoft account and Steam account.
Please feel free to let us know if this article helped you in any way, by using the comment section found below.