- Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help error in Microsoft Store might be caused by a faulty Internet connection.
- Running the Windows troubleshooter should help you see what's leading to the Microsoft Store Something happened on our end issue.
- In some cases, the local cache might prevent the app from launching.
- Resetting the MS Store app is always a good idea, to start fresh.
Microsoft Store is one of the pre-installed Windows 10 apps. Some users have stated that a Something happened on our end error message pops up when they try launching the app.
The full error message states: Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. Consequently, the MS Store doesn’t open.
To fix it, start by running Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter. That should resolve the halt or at least give you a better insight into what’s causing it.
If the issue persists, reset the MS Store app and check Buy and Download Xbox Live settings. Read in detail about each solution below.
How do I fix Something happened on our end in Microsoft Store?
- Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter
- Reset the MS Store app
- Check the Buy and Download Xbox Live setting
- Clear the LocalCache folder
1. Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter
- Press the Windows key + S hotkey to open Cortana’s search box in Windows 10.
- Enter troubleshoot in the text box, and click Troubleshoot settings.
- Scroll down to and select Windows Store Apps.
- Press the Run this troubleshooter button to open the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
- Then go through the troubleshooter’s potential resolutions.
Some users have confirmed that troubleshooter resolved the error for them.
2. Reset the MS Store app
- Press the Windows key + X hotkey and click Run.
- Enter wsreset.exe in Run’s Open box.
- Press the OK button.
- A blank Command Prompt window will then open while resetting MS Store. Thereafter, the MS Store app might open.
3. Check the Buy and Download Xbox Live setting
- Log in to the Xbox Live website and open the settings.
- Select the XBOX One Online Safety tab.
- Select the Only Free radio button for the Buy and Download option.
Adjusting the Buy and Download Xbox Live setting is another resolution that has fixed the Try that again error for some users.
4. Clear the LocalCache folder
- Open Run by pressing the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Input %localappdata% in Run and click OK to open File Explorer.
- Open the Packages > Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe, and LocalCache folders from there.
- Press the Ctrl + A hotkey to select all content within the LocalCache folder.
- Press the Delete button.
A corrupted LocalCache folder can be the source for various Microsoft Store errors. So, clearing that folder is a potential resolution for the Something happened on our end error.
Those are some of the confirmed resolutions for the above-mentioned error. Should you know other fixes, don’t hesitate to share them with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you get the Something happened on our end error in MS Store, try running the Windows troubleshooter. It will indicate the cause.
Resetting the MS Store cache when it’s damaged or causing trouble can be easily done by running a simple command.
The steps to reset the Microsoft Store application are similar to any other application. If you have trouble with it, fix settings app first.