It’s been quite a while since we’ve been pampered by HBO’s streaming service HBO GO, 2010 came and went, but the service is still going strong. Proving quite a selection of content, including current and past series, films, specials, through either the HBO website, on mobile devices, or in this case, video game consoles.
Looking for that perfect movie night? You’ve fired up your Xbox One, and you’re ready to cool off, but HBO GO won’t play anything. Where do we go from here? Well, we have a couple of solutions for you. So hang onto your seat.
What to do if HBO GO can’t play video on Xbox One?
1. Restart HBO GO
If HBO GO won’t play on Xbox One, sometimes restarting the application might fix the problem.
- Restart the HBO GO app.
- Restart your smart TV.
- Update your smart TV software.
- Delete and reinstall HBO GO.
- It should be working now.
2. Switch to a Wi-Fi connection
If you’re using a cable connection on your console, simply unplug the Ethernet cord and run the Xbox on Wi-Fi instead. Several users reported that this method works for them, so feel free to try it out.
3. Uninstall HBO GO
Sometimes, if all else fails and HBO GO won’t play on Xbox One, the simplest method is just uninstalling your app and reinstalling it.
- Go to My games & apps. Highlight HBO GO and then press the Menu button on your controller.
- Unplug your Xbox One and unplug the power cord from your Xbox One.
- Reinstall HBO GO (go to Apps and download HBO GO).
- You’re good to go.
To activate the app on your Xbox simply follow these steps:
- Launch HBO GO in your device.
- Sign in to your Xbox account.
- Select your Provider.
- Select the Activate your device button, and the next screen should display the activation code.
- Follow the steps showed onscreen and finish the activation process.
Do you want this app on your smart TV? Follow these steps to install it:
- Go to the smart TV app store and make sure your TV model is supported (choose the Check your device link).
- Download HBO GO from the Smart Hub on your TV.
- Open HBO GO on your TV.
- On your computer, go to the HBO activation website.
- You can now use this service.
There you go, these are some solutions that you can try if HBO GO won’t play on Xbox One. How are you enjoying this streaming service so far? Let us know in the comment section down below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- 5 solutions to fix HBO Now issues on Xbox One
- 5 best free VPNs for HBO GO/NOW [2019 guide]
- Fix your Xbox One X shutting down and not turning back on issues