5 solutions to fix HBO Now issues on Xbox One
The console platforms have pass long way past the solely being gaming machines. These days you can enjoy your favorite multimedia content, be that music, TV shows, or movies on a big screen. One of the streaming services with some stellar exclusives is HBO with its HBO Now streaming client.
The app usually works good on Xbox One but it’s far from being perfect. And, it usually suffers from a variety of issues. Starting with streaming issues, slow buffering or failed to load, or crashes followed by errors.
We made sure to inspect this and provide you with some common solutions for the HBO Now issues on Xbox One. Check them below.
How to fix HBO Now issues on Xbox One
- Power cycle the console
- Update the app and the console
- Check the connection
- Sign out and sign in again
- Reinstall the HBO Now app
Solution 1 – Power cycle the console
Many issues on Xbox One are easily resolved with a simple power cycle (hard reset). The cached data, especially in the app like HBO Now can result in loading issues.
Users who experienced issues said that only some content wasn’t working, as they were able to stream the majority of content successfully.
So, if we eliminate the possibility of a wide range issue (certain popular TV shows premiers might be unavailable), the power cycle should be enough to resolve this.
Here’s how to power cycle Xbox One:
- Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds or so.
- Wait until the console shuts down.
- After a minute, turn on the console again and look for changes.
Solution 2 – Update the app and the console
If the previous step failed you and you’re still having issues with the HBO Now app on Xbox One, consider updating both console and the app itself.
Issues will emerge sooner or later, but it’s in the HBO’s best interest to deal with them as soon as possible or massive subscription cancelations will occur.
Also, while we’re there, check for the console update as well. Here’s how to manually check for updates for Xbox One and HBO Now:
- Under the My games & apps section, highlight the HBO Now app and then press the Menu button on your controller.
- Choose Manage app.
- Install updates if available under the Updates section.
- Now, open Settings.
- Choose System and then Updates.
- Select Update Console to see if there are any available updates.
— RELATED: 5 best free VPNs for HBO GO/NOW [2019 guide]
Solution 3 – Check the connection
Now, we mentioned that this isn’t exactly a general issue completely disrupting this streaming service. The app is far from good and streaming quality is subpar in comparison to some other services.
However, your connection might be the reason why the app underperforms.
That’s why we’ll need you to run some built-in diagnostics in order to determine whether your connection is sufficing.
Here are some steps you can take to diagnose and troubleshoot possible connection issues on Xbox One:
Here’s what you can try to fix connectivity issues on an Xbox:
- Make sure you use a wired connection instead of wireless.
- Reboot your router and console.
- Run diagnostics
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Choose Settings.
- Tap All Settings.
- Choose Network.
- Select Network settings.
- Select “Test network connection“.
- Set a static IP address
- Open Settings and then All Settings.
- Choose Network.
- Open Network settings > Advanced settings.
- Write down your IP and DNS values (IP, Subnet mask, and Gateway).
- Under the Advanced settings, open IP settings.
- Select Manual.
- Once here, open DNS and write down DNS input.
- Enter the values you wrote and confirm changes in the Advanced settings.
- Restart Xbox
Solution 4 – Sign out and sign in again
This is a far fetched solution but, by signing out and in again with your credentials, the app might just start working.
Miraculous or not, this is commonly recommended by a variety of services with their apps available on the Xbox One platform. So, before we finally move to reinstall the app, give the said sequence a go.
In addition, you can sign out and completely power off the console before signing in again. Some recommend unplugging the power cord for a minute or so. After you turn on the console, sign in and try streaming the HBO content again.
Solution 5 – Reinstall the HBO Now app
So, if the problem is persistent and you’re unable to wrap your head around it while HBO support doesn’t exactly do customers justice, we can only suggest the reinstallation.
With the console troubleshooting, users are rather limited. Especially when it comes to third-party apps.
Therefore, we can only recommend reinstalling the app and moving from there.
If you’re not sure how to reinstall the HBO Now app, follow these steps:
- Open My games & apps.
- Highlight the HBO Now and press the Menu button on your controller.
- Choose Uninstall.
- Power cycle your console.
- Go to Apps and install the HBO Now app.
With that said, we can conclude this article. In case you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to tell us in the comments section below. In addition, don’t forget to send your ticket to the HBO support until they deal with it.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- 4 best automated playout software for broadcasting success
- Happy broadcasting with these 4 live streaming software for Twitch
- FIX: Twitch won’t broadcast on Xbox One
Transferring photos from iPhone to Windows computer is usually simple, but sometimes you might encounter Something went wrong error while transferring iPhone photos. If you […]