One of the issues that affect the otherwise awesome HP Connection Manager utility is the HP connection manager fatal error problem.
The program, created to help you easily manage all your wireless, mobile, Bluetooth, and broadband connections has actually been praised for its efficiency in controlling internet connectivity in HP machines.
Nevertheless, some Windows 10 users have been encountering the HP connection manager fatal error sometimes immediately after startup or in the midst of using their HP PCs.
The error also appears when the computer is trying to open the Connection Manager from time to time.
Here are other problems connected to the HP fatal error in Windows 10:
- HpConnectionManager.exe, Fatal error
- HP Connection Manager Service has stopped responding. Please exit and restart the application.
- A fatal error occurred; check the HP Connection Manager in Event Viewer for more details (error 80070422).
- Service is not available
The best bit is that these errors are as a result of minor setup problems on the side of the utility and are not that difficult to do away with.
Let’s go through some of the working fixes:
How can I fix HP Connection Manager Fatal Errors?
Fix 1: Activate or Download and Install The .NET Framework 3.5 On Your Windows 10
The various .NET Framework 3.5 components are required to run a number of the tools that depend on Windows 10 on the target HP machine architecture.
Activating (where applicable) or downloading and installing it could thus resolve the HP connection manager fatal error windows 10.
Option 1: Activate The.NET Framework 3.5 via the control panel
Note: Before starting, make sure that your internet connection is on.
- On your keyboard, press on the Windows key.
- Now type Windows Features, then press Enter.
- The dialog box Turn Windows features on or off
- Proceed to select the checkbox next to the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)
- Now select OK.
- Reboot your computer when prompted to effect the changes.
Option 2: Download the .NET framework 3.5 From Microsoft’s Website
Where the above method is not available, just download the .NET 3.5 Framework (Windows 10) directly from the Microsoft’s website.
You are then required to run through the simple.NET 3.5 framework download process.
Fix 2: Install HP Software Framework Windows 10
The HP Software Framework delivers a stable set of app. interfaces that consolidate and simplifies access to BIOS, hardware, and HP specific drivers needed in Windows 10.
Once installed, these interfaces sometimes eliminate the annoying HP connection manager fatal error windows 10 problem.
- Click on this link and follow the steps.
- Restart the computer.
Fix 3: Uninstall, Download and Install The Latest HP Connection Manager Version
The most recent version of the HP Connection Manager software is more enhanced and works seamlessly with Windows 10.
Uninstalling then re-installing the upgraded edition could thus get rid of the error.
Uninstalling HP Connection Manager
- Click on the Start
- From the menu, select Settings then Apps.
- Locate the HP Connection Manager from the list of programs, right-click it, and select Uninstall.
Installing HP Connection Manager
- Click on this HP Connection Manager link and follow the steps.
- Reboot the computer.
Alternatively, we recommend using third-party software that initiates complex scans and performs the updating procedure in a fast and safe way.
This type of program has robust features that aim to identify and repair issues like the connection manager fatal error.
Various errors are the result of a malfunctioning driver. When this is the case, you may need to update or reinstall completely this specific component. As the process is not straight-forward to complete, we recommend using an automated tool for the job. Here's how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the app.
- Wait for the software to detect all your faulty drivers.
- You will now be presented with a list of all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your Windows safe from any type of errors caused by corrupted drivers, by installing and using DriverFix today!
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
Fix 4: Run Windows Update
In some instances, the solution for the HP connection manager fatal error windows 10 lies in Updating Windows.
This may solve any conflict between Windows 10 and the HP connection manager because as a result of one being ahead of the other in terms of updates.
Such an update also upgrades the installed .NET 3.5 Framework.
Remember that Windows 10 automatically checks and installs any new updates and security patches so this process is only necessary when auto-updating is not working.
- Click on the Start
- Go to Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- ChooseWindows Update.
- Select Check for updates and let the process run to completion.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- What to do if HP printer won’t scan in Windows 10
- What to do if your HP printer couldn’t print
- 6 best driver updating software for Windows 10