- Error 94 and error 97 are some of the issues encountered when streaming movies on Hulu.
- While the former occurs frequently, the latter was reported only one time.
- We are trying to coves as many errors that can appear with this video streaming provider, so keep our dedicated Hulu section.
- Also, in the Streaming section on our website, you should find more helpful articles.
Video buffering, screen freezing are recurrent problems when streaming movies on Hulu. Adding to these, loading errors are extremely annoying especially when there’s no clear solution about them.
Errors 94 or 97 make no exception. When displayed on screen, the only option is to choose Retry, but it won’t solve the issue.
We’re trying to shed some light on the possible causes and help you fix the problem in no time, so keep reading.
How do I fix error 94 on Hulu?
A complete power cycle should put your media devices, internet connection, and Hulu app back on track. So, switch off your devices (including modem and router).
Wait a few minutes, then switch them back on and see if the error code still appears.
- For Android devices, and SmartTVs:
- Settings > Applications > Hulu > Force Stop.
- Fire tablet:
- Click on More > Applications > Installed applications > Hulu > Force Stop.
- Xbox one:
- Touch the Xbox button to start the guide > press the Menu button on your controller and Quit.
On devices running on Windows, Android, or iOS, cached data is usually found in the storage/privacy section of the Settings menu. Alternatively, you can use a more performant tool, such as CCleaner (either the free or the paid version).
On Apple TV you need to uninstall and reinstall the app to clear cache and data.
For Xbox One see the following steps:
- Go to Menu.
- Choose My Games and Apps > Apps.
- Highlight the Hulu.
- Hit menu on your controller.
- Tap on the Manage Apps > Clear saved data.
Also, for Roku:
- Select Home in the main menu.
- Then, on the remote controller press Home 5 times + press Up + press Rewind 2 times + press Fast Forward 2 times.
- It should take a few seconds to clear the cache.
Clearing the cached data helps to improve streaming conditions, as well as to get rid of possible corrupted files that got randomly installed.
Many problems are caused by outdated apps. So check for available updates in the app store or your device’s settings menu.
5. Deactivate your device
In your Hulu your account page, remove your device by logging out completely.
Then, log back in by re-entering your credentials. Try to launch Hulu again and see if the problem is solved.
If you’re using a VPN connection for an extra layer of online security and privacy, we recommend that you turn it off. It can sometimes cause incompatibility between the ISP and the servers.
It is worth mentioning that users have reported receiving error 94 only on smart TVs; when they tried connecting to Hulu on another device (mobiles or laptops), it worked.
How do I fix Hulu error 97?
Error 97 is until now a one-time error that Hulu subscribers got in 2018. It was en error on Hulu‘s side and their developers immediately got to work to fix.
Hulu‘s support took to the social media channels to calm down annoyed users and updated them as soon as the issue was solved.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are several reasons why Hulu stops working. It might be a problem with the app or with your browser (outdated), the internet connection might be poor, or there might a problem with your device.
Hulu playback errors are caused when the app on your device is unable to communicate with the Hulu servers, or the Hulu servers are unable to provide a video stream
- Close the app on whatever device you’re using and restarting it.
- Restart your device.
- Try resetting your router. If you don’t know how, here’s our simple guide to resetting a router.
- Make sure the app is updated. …
- Uninstall the app and reinstall it.