- In case you see the Hulu error code 301, or 95, then you won't have access to your favorite shows.
- To resolve this issue, you should power cycle PC and router, and clear your browser's cached data.
- In order to be up to date with the latest streaming information, consider bookmarking our extensive Streaming Hub.
- To be able to resolve any Hulu errors, visit our detailed Hulu Errors webpage.
Some users have posted on the Hulu forum about 301 and 95 error codes. Those are Hulu playback errors that can arise for some users.
When those issues arise, their error codes pop up and stop the video playback. So, users can’t watch Hulu content when those errors occur.
How do I fix error code 301 and 95 on Hulu?
1. Power cycle PC and router
- First, try unplugging your PC and internet router. Turn off your PC, and then unplug it.
- Thereafter, power off the router before unplugging it.
- Wait for a few minutes, and then plug the router back in.
- Turn on the router.
- Then restart the PC.
2. Clear your browser’s data
- Hulu error code 301 can be due to corrupted browser data (for those users utilizing Hulu with browsers). To clear Google Chrome’s data, press that browser’s Ctrl + Shift + Del keyboard shortcut.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Then select the Browsing history, Download history, Cookies, and Cached images checkboxes.
- Click the Clear data button.
3. Reinstall the Hulu UWP app
- Reinstall the Hulu UWP app if you utilize it for watching video content. To do that, open the Windows 10 search box by clicking the Type here to search the taskbar button.
- Then enter the keyword app in the search utility.
- Click Apps & features to open that Settings tab.
- Scroll down to and select Hulu listed in Apps & features.
- Click the Uninstall button for Hulu to remove that app.
- Restart Windows after uninstalling Hulu.
- Open the Hulu app’s MS Store page. Click Get on that page to reinstall the app.
4. Change DNS settings to Google DNS
- Hulu error 301 can be a DNS issue that users can resolve by changing DNS settings to Google IP addresses. Press the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut for the Run accessory.
- To open Network Connections, enter ncpa.cpl in the Open box and click OK.
- Right-click your net connection there and select the Properties option.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 on the window that opens.
- Click the Properties button to open IPV 4 options.
- Select the Use the following DNS server addresses option.
- Enter the value 22.214.171.124 in the Preferred DNS Server box.
- Then input 126.96.36.199 as the value for the Alternative DNS Server box.
- Click the OK buttons to close the windows.
5. Remove devices connected with Hulu account
- Try disconnecting other devices from a Hulu account that you don’t need. Open Hulu in a browser.
- Log in to your Hulu account if needed.
- Click your Hulu profile name at the top right of the window to select an Account.
- Click Manage Devices within the Watch Hulu on Your Devices section of the account page.
- Then click Remove for listed devices that you don’t need.
6. Check the date and time settings in Windows
- Hulu issues can arise when the time and date settings aren’t correctly configured on your playback device. To check time settings on Windows 10, click its Type here to search button.
- Enter the keyword date in the Type here to search box.
- Click Date & time settings to open that tab’s window.
- Check the Time zone box on that tab. Select your regional time zone there if it’s not selected.
- To manually enter your region’s time and date, turn off the Set the time automatically option.
- Then click the Change button to open the window shown directly below.
- Enter your region’s time and date there, and click the Change button.
The fixes above might resolve Hulu error code 301 and 95 so that you can watch its video content again with Windows browsers or the UWP app. They aren’t necessarily guaranteed resolutions for all users, but they’re worth a try.
FAQ: Read more about Hulu error codes
- How do I reset my Hulu account?
To reset your Hulu account, clear the Cache from the Settings of the app.
- What audio format does Hulu use?
Hulu uses a 2.0 stereo audio format to create an immersive sound experience while you watch your favorite shows. If you want an upgrade, check out the best home theater speakers.
- How do I sign up for Hulu?
In order to sign up for Hulu, visit the official Hulu website, and follow the on-screen instructions.