- In order to resize an image without losing quality, you need a program that compresses its pixels.
- Adobe's tools and other software change resolution and enlarge images without pixelation.
- Crop, shape, and make an image smaller without losing quality with our plethora of choices.
- Take a closer look at our picks below to find the best editing program to resize your images and keep the resolution.
Manipulating images is quite an important task in the digital era. Do you want to alter the size, change the resolution, or simply edit your pictures without losing quality in the process?
It can be done with an enormous variety of, but we decided to focus on the top 3.
Thing is, you don’t really want to resize the photo. This operation will only change the size while keeping the same number of pixels.
What you want to do is to resample it. So make sure to check the video and tools below.
How do I resize an image without losing quality?
Here’s how to resize an image in Adobe Spark:
- Download Adobe Spark free on your desktop.
- Look for the image resizer tool in your workspace. More precisely, you may find it in the sidebar under Resize.
- Click on your image to get to the image editing menu.
- Up next, simply drag the handle to adjust the size as per your convenience.
- You may also select the Move Freely option to explore capabilities such as crop, shape crop, and more creative resize options.
- After uploading your content, add text and graphics or get even more creative and make a photo collage of multiple images.
- Your design gets saved so that you return and make additional changes at any time.
If you want to professionally resize images without losing quality, this is the program you should focus on. Resizing is often a frustrating experience that requires editing and design expertise.
As you’ll see below, that’s not the case when using Adobe Spark.
An abundance of features and overall simplicity are waiting for you, so let us help you when it comes to your questions about the resizing process.
Adobe Spark is more than the best way to enlarge images. You’re actually getting a complete package that can help you create stunning graphics for all occasions.
Adobe SparkResize, crop, and create stunning graphics to perfectly fit your artistic vision with Adobe Spark!
Here’s how to resize an image in Adobe Photoshop:
- Open Photoshop and drag and drop the image you want to resize on the working surface.
- Click Image in the main menu and select Image size from the contextual menu.
- Now, you select Pixels in the right tab and select the size that pleases you.
- Check the Resample box and select Preserve Details (enlargement) from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the noise reduction percentage and click OK to finally resize the image.
- After that, click File > Save as, and save your image, preferably, in the PNG format.
Adobe Photoshop is, as we’re all aware, the most used premium image editing tool. This isn’t a free tool, and it takes some time to process the immense capabilities it offers.
It’s an obvious choice for all professional users, but, once you get the hold of it, it’s rather simple to use even if you’re a newbie. At least for minor tweaks.
Of course, the final result is much better than on other similar programs.
Adobe PhotoshopExperience the most powerful image editing and resizing tools to create artwork that never fails to impress
inPixio is a simple to use photo editing software. It features options for removing or cropping details, objects, people or even the backgrounds from your images.
You can do this by using the Remove tool to get rid of anything that you do not want into your pictures, in order to make them perfect.
Moreover, the Cut tool will help you to take objects, persons, backgrounds from one picture and add them to another picture. With these easy tools, you can create beautiful photomontages.
However, if you find it difficult to use, the software has an interactive assistant and numerous step-by-step tutorials that will guide you through the tool’s options.
inPixioEasily edit and correct errors from your photos, then share them on social platform with one great software tool.
Here’s how to resize an image in GIMP:
- Open GIMP and drag your image in the main working window
- Click on Image in the main menu and then click on Scale Image
- Select the preferred output resolution. In this example, we doubled the image resolution (from 700 x 700 to 1400 x 1400).
- Under the Quality > Interpolation, select Sinc (Lanczos3).
- Click on Scale to resize the image.
- Now, click on File > Overwrite…: image name: to overwrite the image while keeping the import format.
- And that’s it. If you’re keen to keep the original image, make sure to back it up.
GIMP is one of the best free tools you can use for basically everything regarding images.
It’s like the more modest free version of Adobe Photoshop with myriad features and tools that make it an incredibly viable option for home users.
Of course, besides the standard editing and optimizing, you can enlarge images with GIMP. And even without them losing little to none of their original quality in the process.
That’s it. We hope this was enough to get you started.
Every noted program has its pros and cons, but the important thing is that all can meet your needs regarding the lossless image resizing, or rather image resampling.
Try the best one that suits your needs and keep in mind that there are other tools to create the best photos.
If you have any alternative programs to recommend or questions regarding the ones we presented above, do tell. You can do so in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
You need software that will keep the quality after modifying the image. Take a look at our quick article dedicated to resizing images without losing quality.
Compressing images reduces their size so they can be stored more easily. Check out our detailed article dedicated to image compression software.
Every photo editor has unique features. Take a look at our thorough article dedicated to finding the best photo editor on the market.