If you’ve tried to install GOG games but didn’t manage to, in this article we will offer you a complete guide about how to do it.
Playing some of the GOG (Good Old Games) can take you back to your childhood.
As in the case of the games that were produced 10-15 years ago, the times were a lot simpler.
The stories presented in the games and the association of those stories with times long gone can offer you a beautiful experience even in the era of VR headsets and high-definition real-life graphics.
For these reasons, in today’s guide, we will explore the step by step guide about how to install GOG games and travel back in time while playing them.
Read on to find out more.
Want to install games on your PC? Follow these steps
Here is how you can install old-school games using GOG Galaxy
1. Get the GOG Galaxy application and log in
In order to get started on this journey, you will first need to download the latest version of GOG Galaxy to your Windows 10 hard-drive and install it.
Follow these steps to do it:
- Download the latest GOG Galaxy installer.
- Run the installer package and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Open the GOG Galaxy app and log into your GOG.com account.
2. Download the game that you want
To download the GOG game that you want, there are two options available. You can either choose to visit the GOG.com website and download the files manually or use the built-in Library tab inside your GOG Galaxy app.
Here are the steps to do them both:
Download and install games from the GOG website:
- Visit this page and search for the game you want.
- Click on the respective game and click the Buy button to get a licensed copy.
- After this process is completed, you will be able to click the Download button to start downloading. (the files will download in the default download location of your browser software)
- You will get 3 files inside the download package – and .exe file, and two .bin files.
- In order to start the installation process -> double-click the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Download and install games using the GOG Galaxy Library
- Open your GOG Galaxy software.
- Log into your GOG.com account by using the same credentials.
- Click the Library tab -> search for the game you want.
- Select the game you want -> click the More button.
- Choose the option GOG Downloader Links -> select the Windows Installer option.
- This will start the download process.
- After the downloading process is completed, you can simply click Install from your Library list.
This guide covered all the required steps needed in order to install GOG games by using the GOG Galaxy app.
If you found this guide helpful please feel free to let us know.
You can reach us by simply leaving a comment inside the designated section found under this article.
- How to create desktop shortcuts for GOG titles
- GOG games won’t launch in Windows 10? Try these fixes
- How to fix GOG games not installing