Microsoft recently rolled out a new Redstone 3 build to Windows 10 Mobile Insiders. Unlike its PC counterpart, Windows 10 Mobile build 15208 doesn’t introduce any new features and only brings only two bug fixes to the table.
With this update, Microsoft fixed the issue where some Insiders were unable to open the Connect UX page and the “Add Bluetooth or other devices” setting on the Bluetooth Settings page.
The second fix solves the problem of an extra 20 second being added to the phone shutdown process. This issue occurred due to a deadlock if users tried to shut down soon after switching from one network to another.
The list of known issues for Windows 10 Mobile build 15208 includes four bugs:
- A small percentage of devices may experience text message backup loss related to backup and recovery of the messaging database.
- The copyright date is incorrect under Settings > System > About. It shows as 2016 when it should be 2017. Thanks to the Windows Insiders that reported this!
- Insiders may experience random shutdowns on some devices.
- In some cases, the WeChat app may crash on launch.
Is Microsoft losing interest in its Mobile build branch?
The most recent two Windows 10 Mobile builds have actually been quite “light” in terms of new features and bug fixes. As a quick reminder, the previous release, build 15207 brought only one improvement. We could say that the latest build is somehow richer in bug fixes, offering two improvements. However, this is not what we expected. Judging by the latest Mobile build releases, it appears that Microsoft is slowly losing interest in Windows 10 Mobile. Hopefully, this is only a passing phase, and the upcoming Redstone 3 Mobile builds will be more feature-rich.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- No internet connection in Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update [Fix]
- NuAns Neo drops Windows 10 Mobile and now runs Android
- Unable to install Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update [Fix]