How to install Windows 10 October Update from an ISO file
Microsoft has announced the launch of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update which is now available for download for all. The update is also crucial in that it comes with a whole host of bug fixes and enhancements. It also does away with several features which have either been replaced with new improved versions or are being worked upon for a future release sometime soon.
However, irrespective of whether there are new exciting features accompanying any new update being launched, installing the latest updates is always recommended as it contains all the fixes and protections against all of the newest and emerging threats. Mentioned below are the steps to install the update on your PC using an ISO file.
Install the Windows 10 October 2018 Update using ISO
- Head over to the official Microsoft page that is offering the Windows 10 download. With the update now officially launched, the link Windows 10 October 2018 Update now available is there right at the top. However, we would prefer downloading the same via an ISO file as this would allow for a clean installation of Windows 10 with the October update instead of upgrading the current system.
- So, scroll over to the Create Windows 10 installation media section right below it and click on the Download tool now
- This will download the .exe file on your device. Click on it to open the file. Also, allow it to make changes to your PC when prompted for the same.
- The Windows 10 Setup window will show up which will perform a few necessary verifications before the Microsoft Software License Of course you have to Accept the terms to proceed.
- You will next be asked What do you want to do? Among the options provided include Upgrade this PC now and Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC.
- Select the second option and click on Next.
- You will be led to a window where you will be asked to select the Language, Edition and Architecture The recommended values relevant for your PC should already be filled in though you can always enter your own choices. To do that, uncheck the Use the recommended options for this PC and enter your preferred values. Make sure you enter the right values so as not to end up downloading the wrong version.
- You will next be asked, Choose which media to use. Opt for the ISO file option and not USB flash drive. Click on Next.
- Next, you will be asked where you want to save the ISO file. The default here is My Documents though you sure can enter your choice here. Once you have done that, click on the Save
- Here, you will have some waiting to do until the ISO file gets downloaded. The waiting time varies depending on your system and internet speed.
- Once the ISO file has been downloaded you can transfer it to a USB flash drive, or for that matter, any storage medium.
- Open the ISO file. You will be shown the Get important updates Select the Download and install updates (recommended) option and click on Next.
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation process. Once that is done, your PC should be upgraded to include the latest Windows 10 October 2018 update.
That’s it. Let us know if you managed to install Windows 10 v1809 on your PC. How has your upgrade experience been so far?
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- FIX: OneDrive Won’t Sync After Windows 10 Upgrade
- Windows 7 KB4457139 makes it easier to upgrade to Windows 10
- SOLVED: Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant errors
In the last five years or so, the amount of video content uploaded to various social media networks has increased drastically. Everybody can launch their […]
There is often this rather frustrating error you might be faced with when trying to log in to a Virtual Private Network – that of […]
Hockey is a really interesting and demanding game. This term may refer to two different games: field hockey or ice hockey. The game has constantly evolved, […]