Intel Bluetooth usually enables users to connect wireless devices with desktops and laptops, but some users have said that their Intel Bluetooth doesn’t work for them.
One user reported the problem with the Intel Wireless Bluetooth on the dedicated Microsoft forum.
When I went to the Device Manager, I noticed my Intel Wireless Bluetooth was not working properly. ‘This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE’ displays in preferences.
Learn about the ways to solve this below.
How can I fix Intel Wireless Bluetooth not working in Windows 10?
1. Open the Bluetooth Troubleshooter
- Windows 10 includes a Bluetooth troubleshooter that might, or may not, come in handy for fixing Intel Wireless Bluetooth. Users can open that troubleshooter by pressing the Windows key + S hotkey.
- Enter troubleshoot in the Type here to search box, and then select to open Troubleshoot settings.
- Select the Bluetooth troubleshooter, and click Run the troubleshooter to open it.
- Then go through the troubleshooter’s instructions.
2. Update the Intel Bluetooth Driver
Some users might need to update their Intel Bluetooth drivers to fix Bluetooth not working. Users can download the latest driver from the Intel Wireless Bluetooth page. Click either the BT_21.10.1_64 (for 64-bit Windows) or BT_21.10.1_32 (for 32-Windows) buttons there to download the driver installer. Then open the downloaded installer to install the latest Intel Bluetooth driver.
Read also: How to update outdated drivers in Windows 10
3. Run the Intel Driver & Support Assistant
Some users have confirmed that the Intel Driver & Support Assistant comes in handy for fixing Intel Wireless Bluetooth. That software tells users what, if any, drivers they need to update for Intel Wireless Bluetooth. Users can click the Download now button on the Intel Driver & Assistant page to download the program.
4. Deselect the Turn on Fast Startup Setting and Reinstall the Bluetooth Driver
- Users have also confirmed that they’ve fixed Intel Wireless Bluetooth by deselecting the Turn on fast start-up option and reinstalling the Bluetooth driver. To do so, open Run by pressing the Windows key + S.
- Input ‘Control Panel’ in Run and click OK to open the window shown directly below.
- Then click Power Options > Choose what the power buttons do to open the settings shown directly below.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable if the options are grayed out.
- Then deselect the Turn on fast start-up option.
- Select the Save changes option, and close the Control Panel.
- Next, press the Windows key + X hotkey.
- Click Device Manager on the menu.
- Double-click Bluetooth to expand that category.
- Right-click Intel Wireless Bluetooth to select the Uninstall Device context menu option.
- Click Uninstall to confirm.
- Restart Windows after uninstalling the Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver.
The above resolutions might fix Intel Wireless Bluetooth to restore device connectivity. Users can also check out this post for some more general Bluetooth fixes.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- FIXED: Bluetooth not Working After Windows 10, 8.1 Update
- What to do if Bluetooth is not working in Windows 10, 8.1
- Full Fix: Bluetooth not Finding Devices in Windows 10, 8.1, 7