- To download a Bluetooth driver on Windows 11, you will need to check your PC's model.
- Manufacturers provide all the Windows 11 Bluetooth drivers you need on their website, usually under the Support page.
- Alternatively, you can use a third-party tool that automatically downloads, repairs, and updates your drivers.
Bluetooth is a fantastic way to connect peripherals such as mouse devices, keyboards, controllers, headsets, and other devices to your Windows 11 computer remotely. Thus today we will show you how to download any Bluetooth driver on Windows 11.
When using Windows 11, there are two primary methods for turning it on. The first is through the Quick Settings menu, while the second one is through the Windows Settings app. However, if you encounter issues with this, check out our guide on what to do if Bluetooth is not turning on.
Follow along as we will first see what the differences between Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy are and then jump into the list of ways in which you can download the Bluetooth driver.
What are the differences between Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy?
Bluetooth Low Energy is one of the most extensively used low-power communication technologies. This is due in large part to the emergence of the Internet of Things, which has resulted in a swarm of smart personal gadgets that require a common and efficient method of communication.
But don’t be deceived, it is present in more places than simply your smart band. This standard has a wide range of commercial and business uses, which has contributed to its widespread adoption.
Bluetooth Low Energy is a wireless, low-power personal area network that runs in the 2.4 GHz ISM band, which is the same spectrum as the iPhone and iPad.
It was developed with the Internet of Things (IoT) applications in mind, which has important consequences for its design. Since those devices are typically restricted and require prolonged battery life, BLE prioritizes low power consumption over continuous data delivery.
The Classic version is designed for continuous, two-way communication, whereas BLE transfers smaller packets of data over shorter periods.
Furthermore, as the name suggests, it consumes significantly less energy, up to 100 times less energy than Bluetooth Classic.
It is precisely for this reason that everyone considers BLE while developing their solutions. Thanks to thoughtful and clever architecture, it was genuinely excellent for the use cases it was meant to be used for.
How can I download and install a Bluetooth driver for Windows 11?
1. Use Device Manager to download Windows 11 Bluetooth drivers
1. Right-click on the Start icon and choose Device Manager from the options.
2. Now expand the Bluetooth section and right-click on the driver shown in order to choose Update driver.
3. Next, select Search automatically for drivers.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
4. Click on the Select for updated drivers on Windows Update option.
5. Navigate to Advanced options, followed by Optional updates. where you will find the Bluetooth driver ready for download.
6. Check the box next to it then click on the Download & install button.
The easiest way to install a Bluetooth driver on your Windows 11 device is via Device Manager and Windows Update. This way, you don’t need to browse the web for the driver, and the entire process is much faster.
2. Download a Windows 11 Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer’s website
- First, you need to visit your motherboard manufacturer’s website. As an example, we will head to Lenovo’s page and click on PC to find our specific model.
- Next, go to the Drivers & software section after entering your device model into the search bar.
- Search for the latest Bluetooth driver for your computer and click on it in order to download it.
Once the file is downloaded to your computer, all you have to do is double-click on it and follow the on-screen steps in order to install the Windows 11 Bluetooth driver.
3. Use third-party software
An alternative to manually downloading the necessary Bluetooth driver on Windows 11, is to use a third-party tool that manages drivers.
Updating, repairing, and changing your drivers have always been some of the core skills that you would need to learn if you were going to be using a computer for a long period of time.
However, with DriverFix, which is a lightweight software solution designed particularly for individuals who don’t want to waste time completing procedures such as the above, you can say goodbye to driver errors or downloads.
The software will take care of all your computer drivers automatically and ensure that you don’t encounter any issues regarding them.
Now that you have downloaded the Bluetooth driver on Windows 11, you might wonder how to connect to new devices. The process is simple as it can be done by accessing the Bluetooth & devices section from Settings.
However, if you meet any troubles during the process, we recommend that you take a look at our post on how to fix Bluetooth not detecting devices in Windows 11 & 10.
Was this guide useful? Did you manage to download and install a Bluetooth driver for Windows 11 using our solutions? Don’t hesitate to tell us in the comments section below as well as whether you have more methods in mind.