Microsoft has issued a new set of cumulative updates for Windows 10. We already told you about the cumulative update KB3135173 for Windows 10 users who installed the November update, but users who are running the initial version of Windows 10 will also get a cumulative update, which goes by the number of KB3135174.
The update mainly focuses on fixing security issues, as no new features are reported. KB3135174 also changes the build version of Windows 10 to 10240.16683.
KB3135174 released for ‘original’ Windows 10 devices
Here’s the full changelog of the cumulative update KB3135174 for Windows 10 (initial version, released July 2015):
- Improved installation time of updates.
- Fixed issue with Microsoft Edge browser caching visited URLs while using InPrivate browsing.
- Improved Silverlight performance.
- Fixed issue that didn’t allow a Windows 10 PC to remotely configure a server.
- Fixed issue with pictures and tables not displaying in Windows Journal.
- Fixed security issues that could allow remote code execution when malware is run on a target system.
- Fixed security issues in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 that could allow code from a malicious website to be installed and run on a device.
- Fixed additional issues with Input Method Editors (IMEs), Direct Access, assigned access, peripheral device detection, barcode scanning, Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, and scripting.
- Fixed additional security issues with .NET Framework, PDF library, Windows Journal, kernel-mode drivers, Remote Desktop, and WebDAV.
Although the company released a new cumulative update for the initial version of Windows 10, it encourages users to upgrade to the 1511 version (November Update), because it brings a lot of new features and system improvements.
Starting from KB3135174 and KB3135173, Microsoft now provides release notes for its cumulative updates. Microsoft’s move will satisfy a lot of users, as people used to constantly complain because they didn’t know anything about the updates they download and install.