Windows 7 KB4088875 install fails or triggers BSOD errors
Update KB4088875 is here again. Microsoft recently updated the KB page for this Windows 7 security patch indicating that it released an updated version of it. What’s new in this update, you may ask? Well, we don’t know. Microsoft hasn’t revealed anything about the improvements that this new KB4088875 version brings – if any.
Strangely enough, the list of known issues hasn’t changed at all. Unfortunately, there are quite a few bugs affecting this update such as:
- Security settings that may prevent you from running Internet Explorer 11
- SMB servers may leak memory
- A Stop error occurs if this update is applied to a 32-Bit (x86) machine with the Physical Address Extension (PAE) mode disabled.
- A Stop error occurs on computers that don’t support Streaming Single Instructions Multiple Data (SIMD) Extensions 2
- The update is not available for computers running antivirus version that haven’t update the ALLOW REGKEY
Recent user reports indicate that KB4088875 brings more bugs that those officially acknowledged by Microsoft.
Many users reported that KB4088875 fails to install. Honestly speaking, maybe this is not that bad after all taking into account all the known issues listed above.
Judging by user reports, it seems that error 80010108 often appear when the install process fails. We do have a dedicated troubleshooting guide on how to fix error 80010108 on Windows 10. Follow the instructions available in that guide and maybe some of them will help you fix the error on Windows 7 as well.
Windows 7 users also complained about BSOD errors after installing the April version of KB4088875.
Currently using Windows 7 without issue. After executing Windows6.1-kb4088875-x86.msu downloaded from Microsoft website, pc was restarted. Upon restarting pc, the [PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ] BSOD screen was encountered.
As you can see, KB4088875 is still a buggy update. Hopefully, Microsoft will soon push a hotfix to make it more stable.
If you already installed KB4088875 on your Windows 7 computer, feel free to use the comments below to tell us more about your experience.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- 3 of the best software to fix Windows 7 errors for good
- 10 best Windows 7 photo viewer tools to download in 2018
- Windows 10 Home security increased in comparison to Windows 7
Microsoft released new Japanese and Chinese IMEs to Windows Insiders that are currently enrolled in the Fast Ring. These changes were introduced with the Windows […]
Microsoft is planning to redesign Windows 10 icons in Windows 10 20H1. The company says that the upcoming version of Windows will bring rounded corners […]