- LastPass is very popular among users but unfortunately, it oftentimes fails to work as it should.
- Users report LastPass is not working in Safari and in this article, we are exploring some ways you can fix this.
- On our dedicated VPN Hub you can find more related articles that will help protect your online privacy.
- Make sure to bookmark our Software Hub for more useful articles and guides.
LastPass is a great password manager, but some users reported issues with LastPass and Safari.
According to them, LastPass isn’t working in Safari at all. This can be a major problem, but there’s a way to fix that.
If LastPass is giving you troubles when using it in Safari then it may be time to try switching to a more reliable one. Our recommendation in this situation is Dashlane.
This tool has fewer errors and better integrations than LastPass and works smoothly on Safari. It has been designed to give you better user experience and it allows you to autofill and manage your passwords directly within your browser.
Installing the Dashlane extension in Safari is very easy, all you need to do is access the App Store from your Mac and search for the Dashlane for Safari. Once you download and install it you are all set up.
The new Dashalne extension offers more features than the old one such as creating your own account, easier copy-paste feature, and the option to log in into your account via a Touch Id, Apple Watch, or with the Master Password feature.
If at any moment you need to set up a new password but you ran out of ideas, no worries, Dashlane also comes with a Password generator feature to help you out.
DashlaneImport all your password easy and keep them safe, in just one place. Get now this error-free software!
What can I do if LastPass is not working in Safari?
1. Download the latest version of LastPass
- Go to the Safari menu.
- Choose Safari Extensions.
- Locate the LastPass Password Manager.
- Download the latest version.
2. Add LastPass to the Login items list
- Go to the System Preferences and select Users & Groups.
- Next, go to Your user name.
- Now select the Login Items tab and click the Plus.
- Now add app to the list. You can find it here:
- ~//Library//Containers//com.lastpass.LastPass//Data//Library//Application Support//LastPass//LastPassHelper.app
3. Replace the token
- Go to //Users//yourAccountName//Library//LaunchAgents//com.lastpass.LastPassHelper.plist.
- In plist > dict > key[Program] > string replace the REPLACE_HOME token with a absolute path to your home folder, for example, //Users//yourAccountName.
- Next, save the changes.
- Log out and log back into your Mac OS and the issue should be resolved.
4. Wait for LastPass team to fix the issue
If you tried all the solutions, perhaps it would be best to wait for the LastPass team to fix the problem. Or if you’re impatient, you can contact them and report the issue.
There you go, these are some solutions that might help if LastPass isn’t working in Safari. If you found this article helpful, let us know in the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2020 and has been since revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.