- Users often reported the Lenovo Power Manager is not working on Windows 10 issue, which is annoying when customizing battery settings.
- If you want to fix this problem, checking for Windows updates may be an important step.
- When the Power Manager option doesn't work on Windows 10, you should consider adjusting the compatibility mode.
- Using the support of dedicated software is a useful alternative to take into consideration.
Lenovo Power Manager provides some of the power-related features, among which we can mention Battery Charge Threshold or Battery Gauge Reset.
However, users often reported that the Lenovo Power Manager is not working on their devices. Most commonly, when trying to install it, here’s what users say about this problem:
I got a window at the end of the installation which said it was not compatible with my system.
Our article will show you a series of options you can try to make your Lenovo Power Manager work on Windows 10.
What can I do if Lenovo Power Manager is not working?
1. Use Microsoft Store
- Go to Microsoft Store.
- Search for Lenovo Settings.
- Download and install Lenovo Settings.
- Once the installation process is completed, restart your PC.
- Go to Search and type Lenovo Settings to launch the apps.
2. Check for Windows updates
- Open Settings.
- Go to Update & Security.
- On the left side, click on Windows Update, then, on the right side, select Check for updates.
3. Change compatibility mode
- Right-click the executable or shortcut file and select Properties.
- On the Properties window, click on the Compatibility tab.
- Checkmark the Run this program in compatibility mode for box, and then select an older Windows version.
4. Disable the setup.exe file
- Get the latest power manager from the Lenovo support website.
- Run the downloaded file, and you’ll notice that it will fail, saying something like it doesn’t work on this version of Windows.
- Change setup.exe compatibility mode to Windows 7, using the following location:
- Download Windows ADK for Windows 10, Version 1511ADK.
- Run it and you only need to install Compatibility Administrator.
- Then, run Compatibility administrator.
- On the left, under System Database, click on Applications, then on Lenovo Power Manager.
- On the right, right-click on the setup.exe file, and select Disable entry.
- Now, you should be able to install and use the Lenovo Power Manager.
5. Use a third-party software
You can also automatically fix this issue, by using dedicated software. Not only that it will save you much more time, but it will also turn into long-term support.
Thus, we can mention a series of proven benefits, that will surely make you consider it as a useful alternative. Most importantly, it allows you to scan your PC for new compatible driver versions, and immediately update them.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
These were our tips and tricks in order to fix your Lenovo Power Manager not working on Windows 10.
Also, you can always check a list of the best tools to stop battery charging and extend battery life. Thus, you’ll be able to keep power manager features updated and monitored.
In addition, don’t hesitate to comment in the section below, and let us know which of the listed suggestions worked best for you.