- If you’re an anime fan, you’re most likely familiar with Crunchyroll.
- Users reported Crunchyroll errors 502, 1005, and 1015, and in this article, we’re going to show you how to fix them.
- If you’re a fan of Crunchyroll, be sure to check our Video streaming section for more useful guides.
- For more Mac-oriented articles, we suggest you check out our dedicated Mac Hub.
Crunchyroll is one of the most famous websites to watch anime, but the service also has a dedicated app for iOS devices.
Speaking of which, many users reported Crunchyroll error 502, 1005, 1015, and today we’re going to show you how to fix these issues on Mac.
How can I fix Crunchyroll error 502, 1005, 1015?
1. Disable your VPN
- Open the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Navigate to the Network section.
- Choose your VPN connection and click on Disconnect.
- If you’re using a VPN application, disconnect using the application, and close it.
Several users suggested disabling your VPN as a solution for Crunchyroll error 1005, so be sure to try it.
2. Wait it out
- Wait for an hour and try to access Crunchyroll again.
- If the issue is still there, wait for a day or two.
Sometimes error 502 can appear if there’s an issue with Crunchyroll servers, and waiting for the administrators to fix the issue is the only thing you can do.
3. Update Crunchyroll app
- Open the App Store.
- Go to the Updates section.
- Locate Crunchyroll and click the Update button next to it.
You can also install the update right from the app itself. After updating the app, error 502 should be gone.
4. Change your browser
Few users reported that they fixed these Crunchyroll errors simply by switching their browser. If you’re looking for a new browser, we suggest trying out Opera.
The browser is based on Chromium, and it can work with Chrome extensions, so you won’t have any problems if you’re switching from Chrome.
Additional features include a built-in ad blocker, so you won’t have to deal with any ads anymore. For additional security, there’s tracking protection and a free unlimited VPN.
Opera has a pop-out video feature, so you can watch videos from any website while working on other tasks. The browser also has Twitter, Instagram, and messenger integration.
Opera is available on all major desktop and mobile platforms, macOS included, so be sure to try it out.
5. Contact Crunchyroll support
If everything else fails, contact the Crunchyroll support. Many users reported that they kept getting error 1015, but after contacting the support, the issue was resolved.
Crunchyroll errors 502, 1005, and 1015 will prevent you from watching content on Crunchyroll, but you can fix that by turning off your VPN or using our other solutions.
FAQ: Learn more Crunchyroll
- How do I fix Error 502 on Crunchyroll?
To fix Crunchyroll error 502, make sure that the website is available. If not, contact the administrator.
- Why can’t i watch anime on Crunchyroll?
Crunchyroll doesn’t work with VPN enabled, so to fix it, try disabling your VPN temporarily.
- Why is crunchyroll bad gateway?
This error can occur due to your browser, and to fix it, it’s advised to switch to a different web browser, such as Opera for example.