Did Microsoft Photos app disappear on your Windows 10 computer? Don’t panic, we can help you fix this problem. The famous Windows Photos application is multipurpose image viewer available as a built-in program on Windows 8, Windows 10, and Xbox One. This program allows you to view, organize, and edit your videos and images.
However, some Windows users reported that things go unusual and Microsoft Photos app disappeared on their PC. Also, they get the error message “Element not found” whenever they try to open images on their PC.
What should I do if Microsoft Photos app has disappeared? First off, try running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. Photos app is a Windows Store app and running the troubleshooter might help. Alternatively, you can try downloading the Photos app by using PowerShell and Windows Store.
What to do if Photos app isn’t working?
- Run the app troubleshooter
- Clear the Windows Store cache
- Download and Install Microsoft Photos
- Use PowerShell
1. Run the app troubleshooter
If Microsoft Photos app has disappeared, you can fix the problem by using the application troubleshooter. With the app troubleshooter, you can check for errors related to Microsoft Photos and then resolve them automatically.
Here’s how to run the Microsoft apps troubleshooter:
- Open the Start Menu and type in troubleshooting and hit the Enter key.
- In the troubleshooting window, scroll down to locate Windows Store Apps.
- Click on it and then click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the prompts to finish up the process.
- Restart PC.
Check to see if Microsoft Photos appears on your Windows PC after the restart. If not, you may proceed to the next step.
- READ ALSO: Fix: Photos App Problems in Windows 10
2. Clear the Windows Store cache
Clearing the Windows Store can effectively resolve the missing Microsoft Photos problem.
Here’s how to clear the Windows Store cache:
- Press the Windows + R keys to launch the Run program.
- In the Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe and hit the Enter key.
- Restart your computer.
Check to see if the issue is resolved after restarting your computer. If not, you should try the next solution.
3. Download and Install Microsoft Photos
Microsoft Photos may have been accidentally or manually uninstalled on your Windows PC. However, you can manually install Microsoft Photos on your Windows PC from the official Microsoft Photos website or from the Microsoft Store.
4. Use PowerShell
PowerShell can also help if Microsoft Photos app has disappeared. Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Start > type PowerShell and then right-click on it and select Run as an administrator.
- When the User Account Control window pops up, click on Yes to launch PowerShell with administrator privileges.
- Type the following commands in the PowerShell window and then hit the Enter key.
PowerShell –ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + ‘AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage –DisableDevelopmentMode –Register $manifest
- Restart your computer.
- Now, launch the Microsoft Store.
- Search for Microsoft Photos to download and install it on your system.
There you go, these are just a couple of solutions that can help you if Microsoft photos app has disappeared on your PC. Let us know in the comments section if you found our solutions helpful.
- How to fix Photos app File system error [SUPER GUIDE]
- How to fix Photos App problems in Windows 10
- Fix: Photos App not opening in Windows 8.1, 10