Microsoft Update Catalog is a website that allows users to download Windows Updates manually. The service can be useful if you need to distribute a specific update on multiple PCs or if can’t download and install updates using the Windows Update feature.
Here’s everything you need to know about Microsoft Update Catalog
How to use Microsoft Update Catalog?
Using Microsoft Update Catalog is quite simple, but if you want to download a specific update, you first need to know its KB number. You can find this number in the Windows Update section, or you can use other sources.
Once you get the update number, you need to do the following:
- Visit Windows Update Catalog website.
- In the search bar, paste the update KB number and click the Search button.
- You should now see the list of matching updates. Find the update that matches your version of Windows and click the Download button.
- A new window will now appear. Click the link to download the update.
- Once the update is downloaded, just double-click it to install it.
Frequently asked questions regarding Microsoft Update Catalog
Where can I download Microsoft updates manually?
Windows updates can be downloaded manually directly from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Is Microsoft Update Catalog safe?
Yes, the Microsoft Update Catalog is perfectly safe to use. The website is created and managed by Microsoft, so you’ll be getting all your updates from the original and reliable source.
How to search Microsoft Update Catalog?
Searching the Microsoft Update Catalog is quite simple, and all that you have to do is to enter the update KB number on the website and press the Search button.
Note: Be sure to enter KB as well as the number in the search query. If you leave out KB at the begging, the search won’t return any results.